Hotel questions... leaving out of Galveston

beckymomof2

We will be driving in, so staying a distance from the port isn't a big deal. I'm planning to use hotwire and pick a hotel in the NASA area for the night before.

I figured the next morning we can drive (about half hour) to the parking garage area and then to the port.

Does anyone see any problems with this?

double the time frame to an hour to port. even on Sundays the highway is busy. we left Spring( SiL lives there)a suburb of Houston and it took us about 90 minutes to get to the island.

Wow ok... good to know. I think we'll still stay that distance but I'll plan for the extra time.

We will be driving in, so staying a distance from the port isn't a big deal. I'm planning to use hotwire and pick a hotel in the NASA area for the night before.

I figured the next morning we can drive (about half hour) to the parking garage area and then to the port.

Does anyone see any problems with this?

I don't see a problem. Park And Cruise is across the street from the "terminal".

http://galvestonparkncruise.com/

Spring is north of downtown close to the Woodlands...of course it will take one about 90 min to get there...it is 70 miles away and you have to go through Houston itself.

OP, if you stay near NASA (or anywhere south of Houston down on I45) you will be fine. It is south of downtown and you wont have many issues. You will only be 30 miles (give or take) from the island around NASA..

I ended up with Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Space Ctr - Clear Lake for $96.15 with the deal yesterday that Hotwire had going. That included tax, free parking for the night and free breakfast in the morning. So I'm happy with that. I just wanted a hotel that wasn't sketchy.

We'll stay there the night before the cruise, get up in the morning, eat breakfast and then make our way to the parking area before the cruise. I'm not really worried about the timing because we should have plenty of time that morning/afternoon.

Thanks for the help everyone.