Disembarkation

scungileen

Never cruised on this line before. Can anyone tell me if they give you a choice to either put your bags out the night before disembarkation, or if you can be a walk-off with your own luggage the next day. I prefer to walk off and have my luggage with me. Hoping they offer that procedure.

Never cruised on this line before. Can anyone tell me if they give you a choice to either put your bags out the night before disembarkation, or if you can be a walk-off with your own luggage the next day. I prefer to walk off and have my luggage with me. Hoping they offer that procedure.

You can do both. You can for sure just walk off with your own luggage. You just have to tell guest services that you would like to do so. Usally they expect that if you choose this option, you will disembark among the first. However I think it is also possible if you disembark later.

Edited by travelberlin

It is possible on US sailings as I've read of many people doing this. You don't say which ship you're booked on though and I don't recall this service being advertised in other regions they sail in. Then again, it is not something I've every wanted to do, so have never asked.

Edited by AmoMondo

We left the Divina Saturday morning using the self-assist option. It was great. It solves that awful packing delima the night before of what to pack and what to leave out. Our luggage is all on wheels, and the trip was all down-hill. We left as soon as the ship was cleared, so we grabbed an early taxi and were at the airport ahead of the crowd...making the airline security check equally easy.

We left the Divina Saturday morning using the self-assist option. It was great. It solves that awful packing delima the night before of what to pack and what to leave out. Our luggage is all on wheels, and the trip was all down-hill. We left as soon as the ship was cleared, so we grabbed an early taxi and were at the airport ahead of the crowd...making the airline security check equally easy.

That make a lot of sense! Thanks for sharing.