How to watch for price drops AND kids sail free

mfars

Hi I'm booked on a cruise in December in a balcony where the first 2 passengers are $899 and my 2 year old daughter is free. How would I watch for price drops in this particular case? I also booked with the Ultimate Beverage Promotion, so if it does drop would I lose that? It's been awhile, sorry and thank you for the help!

Hi I'm booked on a cruise in December in a balcony where the first 2 passengers are $899 and my 2 year old daughter is free. How would I watch for price drops in this particular case? I also booked with the Ultimate Beverage Promotion, so if it does drop would I lose that? It's been awhile, sorry and thank you for the help!

You would just have to watch the pricing AND then double check that if there was a price drop, you'd still do better with the FREE child's fare (except taxes and port fees, right?), and also the UBP.

There is no way to predict if this would ever happen, or when.

But if you see a lot of chatter about price drops in the future, or especially just before final payment/penalty, you should do the calculations.

Don't forget: IF there are price drops AFTER final payment/penalty, you aren't guaranteed anything extra, but it could help to ask for some OBC or an upgrade.

GeezerCouple

I have three cruises currently booked, all in MA category;

Aug 2015 to Bermuda

Feb 2016 to Caribbean

Feb 2016 to Mexican Riviera

I make sure that I check the website at least weekly to do a "mock booking" of my existing reservations to see how they're pricing out. This has worked to my advantage as of late.

Bermuda cruise rate has gone down considerably since original booking. When it did I called and did a cancel of my existing reservation and then rebooked at the new rate. I did sacrifice the 9-month in advance bonus when I rebooked but I did the math and the price change was well worth it. Saved over $700 overall since original booking.

The Caribbean cruise hasn't changed much, and I'm guessing it's because it's on the Escape, a not even built ship yet.

The Mexican Riviera cruise rate has gone down considerably also since original booking. Did the same thing, cancelled existing and then rebooked. This is still beyond 9-months out so I kept my bonus points. On this particular booking, I was also able to rebook at not only a lower rate, but the rate for our two kids ended up going from $349 each to $0 each. So, saved over $1,100 since original booking.