Getaway Aft 9320

willise

I've read some conflicting reports - and I'm not sure how to tell from the deck plans - so can anyone tell me if 9320 has the bed by the balcony or not?

Thanks so much!!

The bed should be by the the closet not the balcony.

Thank you!

Did you stay in the cabin? If how, how do you tell from the deck plan? in this video of 9318, the bed is by the balcony:

and in this video of 9322, the bed is by the closet:

9320 seems to not fit in the alternating bed position of closet, balcony, closet, etc.

Just curious!

Edited by willise

LOL - I guess this just proves my point - two people who have stayed in the cabin say different things :)

I wonder if it is possible that they have rearranged the room? It's not really a big deal, but I would prefer the bed by the balcony.

Thanks everyone!

This made me laugh because we booked that cabin for 3/14 and two reps from NCL and countless people online have had conflicting reports. Perhaps they move them.

My take on it is this. If it's near the closet, I have a shorter trip at night to the bathroom and if it's near the balcony, the room will seem larger (psychologically.)

When are you sailing? I think it would be funny if we're there a week apart and have different configurations!

I suppose we can always ask for the layout we desire! :)

Take care!

I'm sailing in a B6 on April 18 and then move to the B1 (9320) for the April 25th cruise.

It's interesting, and a little funny, that this room has such a mystique to it. I'm told it has the biggest, non suite, balcony on the ship and is a high demand room. But I can't see room attendants moving the bed around to suit a passenger request, yet we have reports of people who have stayed in the room report opposite configurations.

Anyway, as I said, the room doesn't get bigger no matter which way you configure the bed. I would prefer it by the balcony, but I'm ok with it the other way. On the deckplans for the Epic, you know where the bed is by looking at the curve in the wall. Doesn't seem so obvious with the Getaway.

• 3 months later...

Telephone 1

Foldable Sleeper/Playpen 1

Hair Dryer 1

Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors 1

Aft Section 1

Television 1

Private Balcony 1

Balcony Square Footage 158

Total Square Footage 333

Internet access 1

Minibar 1

Desk 1

Clothes Line in Bathroom 1

Refrigerator 1

Pier aft 1

Convertible Single Sofa Bed 1

Shower 1

Port Side 1

Sitting Area 1

Cabin Square Footage 175

Tea and Coffee Maker 1

Bed Near Balcony Door 1

Safety Deposit Box 1

Convertible Lower Beds 2

Sprinklers 1

I just uploaded a photo of 9320's balcony. You'll see it's massive.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=32319&cat=521

2014-11-28%2008.25.07.jpg?dl=0

Excellent. Tx for posting PIC. I am booked back to back in this cabin and 9318 in August of 2015. Does anyone know if these 2 balconies connect (i.e. can the wall between balconies be open in one section to allow for us to pass from one balcony to the other)?

On a related note, we are just off the Getaway on May 2nd to 9th 2015 and stayed in 8124 which is a mini-suite with large balcony. A little more expensive but about the same size balcony. The difference is that with 8124, you are sticking/juttin out of the ship (whereas all the regular balconies are tiny at about 3' x 7' (don't quote me on that measure) = a lot more sun but everyone is peering down at you in balcony envy. Guess some are not very appreciative because you sometimes get garbage that "falls" from other cabins. I really like the 9320 balconies because we are shade people and love the privacy.....

Was there any smoke/soot on this 9320 balcony? I heard all types of reports of such and this is the 1st time we are booking AFT.

Edited by KanataKruiser
Added other questions

Thank you!

Did you stay in the cabin? If how, how do you tell from the deck plan? in this video of 9318, the bed is by the balcony:

and in this video of 9322, the bed is by the closet:

9320 seems to not fit in the alternating bed position of closet, balcony, closet, etc.

Just curious!

If you go to crucon website and go through the steps of booking on the getaway, choose a sailing far out, and choose your cabin type, then if you click on the cabin number in the left hand column it will tell you where the bed is located. I spent alot of time doing that today for the booking we made today.

Stayed in 9318 last week. Bed was by the balcony. Loved the size of the balcony with the 2 lounge chairs. Fell asleep several times out there thanks to UBP! There was some soot on the floor. Didn't notice any on the chairs, but we put towels on them just in case. Did not see any smoke. Not sure if the balconies can connect, but 9320 balcony was identical to ours. The balcony for the suite next door was great. We looked around the suite once they had left on the last day. Would love to be able to stay there. Enjoy your cruise! I'm still going through major withdrawal.