Does the Legend have a laundry

Dizzneefan

We have used the laundry on only one other cruise, and then it was located almost across from our cabin. This June, we have an aft cabin, and the laundry is located forward. Just curious, for those who have used it, do you feel it necessary to stay in the area or do you put them on to wash/dry, then go back to your cabin. i can't imagine why someone would want someone else's wet clothes, but you never know!

We have used the laundry on only one other cruise, and then it was located almost across from our cabin. This June, we have an aft cabin, and the laundry is located forward. Just curious, for those who have used it, do you feel it necessary to stay in the area or do you put them on to wash/dry, then go back to your cabin. i can't imagine why someone would want someone else's wet clothes, but you never know!

Hubby always washed the laundry :D. After he put the clothes in the machine, he set an alarm for five minutes less than the wash time then came back up on deck with me. Did the same with dryers.

• 5 months later...
Riviera Deck 1 midship across from 1219

Main Deck 4 aft across from 4230

Upper Deck 5 aft across from 5270

Empress Deck 6 forward across from 6102

Verandah Deck 7 midship across from 7267

Great info! Thanks! Couldn't find the laundry on the deck plans, and with a 10 day cruise coming up, I was worried!

It's my understanding that all Carnival ships have self serve laundries. We don't sit with our laundry - watch the time closely, though, so we can get the washer/dryer freed up for the next person. We rarely do laundry, but horseback riding requires it - love horses, but horsey clothes don't smell so great. Last cruise, we did laundry so we wouldn't have to do it when we got home on Sunday evening since we had to work on Monday.

You may want to look online to see the Legend's laundry is coin operated or card. I usually carry quarters, but for my next trip the Sunshine is card operated from my Sign and Sail account. I will however pack my own powdered laundry detergent. :)

S&S card on Legend

Self-Service Launderettes

Each ship has self-service launderettes located on the stateroom decks. There are 2 or 3 washers, 2 or 3 dryers, and 1 iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $3.25 per washer load and $3.25 per dryer load. Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener at $1.50 per box.

Coin-Operated Machines:On the following ships, the machines accept coins only which can be obtained at the Guest Service Desk, if needed: Conquest, Ecstasy, Elation, Glory, Imagination, Inspiration, Liberty, Magic, Miracle, Paradise, Sensation, Splendor, Triumph, Valor and Victory,

Cashless Machines:On the following ships, the machines can be operated using the guest’s Sail & Sign card: Breeze, Dream, Fantasy, Fascination, Freedom, Legend, Pride, Spirit and Sunshine.

Edited by AdrenalineRush

S&S card on Legend

Each ship has self-service launderettes located on the stateroom decks. There are 2 or 3 washers, 2 or 3 dryers, and 1 iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $3.25 per washer load and $3.25 per dryer load. Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener at $1.50 per box.

Coin-Operated Machines:On the following ships, the machines accept coins only which can be obtained at the Guest Service Desk, if needed: Conquest, Ecstasy, Elation, Glory, Imagination, Inspiration, Liberty, Magic, Miracle, Paradise, Sensation, Splendor, Triumph, Valor and Victory,

Cashless Machines:On the following ships, the machines can be operated using the guest’s Sail & Sign card: Breeze, Dream, Fantasy, Fascination, Freedom, Legend, Pride, Spirit and Sunshine.

Thanks - great info!

We sailed the Legend on BTB cruises in May and found on deck six all the way forward a laundry room for guest No one uses because it is hard to find. It looks like you are going to an employee area but go through the door and you will find this hidden laundry room. Hope this helps, have a fun trip.

• 2 weeks later...
S&S card on Legend

Going on the Legend in September, do the machines work both ways, using coins or choosing sail card.

I take Purex 3in1 sheets. They are basically dryer sheets coated with detergent/fabric softener. I still take scented dryer sheets, though. I like them because they take up practically no space in my luggage & I don't have to worry about leakage.