Pool Hours

DreamingBig1

Bobby that's one nice thing about RCI. Freedom of the Seas had their pools open 24 hours. Of course they had that huge promenade to have a party in, whereas most other cruise lines have to use the top decks for a huge get together.

It would be nice if they kept at least one or two Jacuzzis open 24 hours.

Thanks for the answer.

Bobby that's one nice thing about RCI. Freedom of the Seas had their pools open 24 hours. Of course they had that huge promenade to have a party in, whereas most other cruise lines have to use the top decks for a huge get together.

It would be nice if they kept at least one or two Jacuzzis open 24 hours.

Thanks for the answer.

Well, technically, no one Jacuzzi could be open 24 hours, since they are required to be drained, cleaned and super-chlorinated daily. That takes 1-2 hours typically, so while there could be one open 24 hours a day, you might have to get out of one and into another late at night to allow the cleaning.

This disappointed me slightly on my Dawn cruise. On night one, I was in the hot tub til 1am -ish. A couple of other times, I was in it til they asked me to leave (around midnight, sometimes earlier sometimes later depending on where they were in the cleaning schedule).

Generally it was either just me or a couple of others that were using them that late but I also wish there was 24 hour hot tubs (or at least until 2am). Not really a big deal but if you're unwinding at midnight and are kicked out, it sucks.

Cheng I think your right. They would close one side and keep the other open.

Yes, and the ones being cleaned have to be super-chlorinated to 100ppm (normal ships' hot tubs are 10ppm), so I would think the chlorine odor in an adjacent hot tub would be objectionable. Depends on the alcohol level of the smeller, I guess.