Freedom of Seas - Coco Cay

Garavar

We have missed cococay 3 out of 5 attempts. Scheduled to go on Sunday on Enchantment, but with 27mph winds predicted, I highly doubt we'll make it...so that will be our 4th time missing. We've missed in February, June and August. We have rental properties in Cape Canaveral (live in PA) so we prefer to sail out of Port Canaveral. It's pretty disappointing to miss it. They really should post their percentages somewhere about how often they make/miss it instead of their generic disclaimer about substituting/canceling ports.

Hopefully in the future when Cuba becomes fully open for US based ships it will give some better itinerary options for cruises shorter than 7 nights. My wife is a teacher so the shorter cruises over holiday weekends are our only options right now during the winter.

Enchantment cruise director said they've missed 3 of the last 4 attempts in the last two weeks. Hoping for a miracle sunday and we make it!

She missed CoCoCay today....ended up in Nassau mid p-m and will stay overnight until late tomorrow,her ''normal'' call in Nassau.

So far this winter, she's done a lot of ''Canaveral-Nassau-Canaveral'' voyages....And so it goes with Mother Nature.....I've also noticed there was quite a stiff wind in Nassau itself today.

• 5 months later...
Hi! Going to Coco Cay with family. We'll have 8 people, including a toddler, think we could do one cabana as a "home base"? Not necessarily all of us eating there, but at least a place to get out of the sun.

Cabanas are limited to 6 people. However, you could probably get two cabanas next to each other.

I'm going on Enchantment OTS Jan 4th, 2016 which happens to stop at CocoCay. What is the procedure if they fail to tender? Would they just refund some of the port fees(even though it's not technically a port) and offer some kind of discount, or is there pretty much nothing you can do about it?

Edited by sbjm53090