Zipline and somewhat scared of heights

I'm not a person who goes into a panic attack at the thought of heights. I just don't like the sensation of dropping down. Obviously, something like the Drop Zone at Six Flags is not up my alley. But my husband is challenging me to at least do it once on the ship. :eek: How bad is it? I've heard it's over very quickly. But is there a little drop at first when you start?

on the Oasis/Allure the zipline is not that bad. I tryed that before I did the one in haiti and i was a little nervous but i felt safe. Just that first step off is hard to do sometimes. But its not that bad. You will be fine

I hate that stomach feeling when you drop too so I was nervous when we went zip lining last year in Roatan. I ended up having one of the guides go with me so I knew I wouldn't back out. I felt nothing in my stomach as we went down and slightly regret having the guide. But I still enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The zipline is... its alright. There isn't much thrill to it, and its over the second they push you off.

Wonder why they didn't do it in the reverse direction? Being able to face out past the Aquatheatre to water would have been really neat.

Sounds like just another thing they added to their "list of things to do" to make the ship sound special. Like that stupid "pod" on Quantum. It's probably quick and harmless.

We're doing our first Celebrity cruise soon and already know we won't miss any of the RCCL gimmicks..........

Edited by bouhunter

I hate the stomach drop feeling and don't do roller coasters because of it. We were on the Allure in June and I was bound and determined to zip line. It is over way too fast to really enjoy it the first time. Taking that first step is definitely the hardest. There is no feeling in your stomach. The line was too long so I never tried it a second time, but wouldn't hesitate to give it another try. Keep in mind they have very strict rules. No dangling earrings, no watches, no sunglasses, closed shoes are required.