Completely Confused on Dining

Equijen

We are booked for a NE/Canada cruise in Sept on the Grandeur. I booked through a TA (who has been a bit MIA but that's another story). She booked us for an 8pm dining. Is this the late seating for "Classic Dining"?

Will we be able to make the evening show? Would we be better off going with the Dynamic Dining? All these options are getting me confused!

If we do decide to switch, does our TA have to make the request? Thanks everyone in advance!

Yes..you've been assigned "late seating"...All of your shows will be before your dinner seating, unless there is a "late night adult" show...they start around 10:30, so everyone can go! Main (early) seating goes to the shows AFTER dinner!

Your ship doesn't have "dynamic" dining....your other choice will be My Time Dining...where you pick your dining time. The downside is having to arrange your dining around the shows. With traditional seating, there's no guesswork!!!!

Yes..any changes or requests will have to go thru your TA.

Edited by cb at sea

All those confusing dining threads are for Quantum and Anthem only (and perhaps Oasis/Allure in the future, or perhaps not).

No worries for Grandeur. You have the option of early traditional dining (6pm or so), late traditional dining (8pm or so) or My Time Dining which is in an area of the main dining room with the same menus and suggested dress code as traditional dining but without a set dining time so you can either make a reservation or walk-up at the time you prefer.

If you are booked for late traditional (at 8pm), no worries. You will have an assigned table in the main dining room at 8pm every night, with a menu that changes every night.

The evening shows are scheduled around traditional dining times, so no worries there. Sometimes, your show might be before dinner, like at 7pm, and then there might also be a different show at 10:30pm. There are no reservations for shows on Grandeur.

Edited by DonnaK

Thank you DonnaK! We have an 8pm time - is there any benefit to moving to My Time Dining?

Only if you prefer to eat earlier than 8pm and early seating dining is not available...if early seating is full you can also ask your TA to have you waitlisted...most times you are able to get the time changed before sailing...

Thank you DonnaK! We have an 8pm time - is there any benefit to moving to My Time Dining?
That would be up to you. If you are concerned about the showtimes, then you are better off sticking with traditional dining (either early or late) because the shows are scheduled around those and there would be no worries about missing anything.

My time dining is for people who don't want to be tied down to the exact same 6pm or 8pm dinner time every night, but then they run the risk of being at dinner during the showtimes. (many of the people who choose this option aren't interested in going to the shows, or don't mind juggling the schedule each night so they can do both)

We are booked for a NE/Canada cruise in Sept on the Grandeur. I booked through a TA (who has been a bit MIA but that's another story). She booked us for an 8pm dining. Is this the late seating for "Classic Dining"?

Will we be able to make the evening show? Would we be better off going with the Dynamic Dining? All these options are getting me confused!

If we do decide to switch, does our TA have to make the request? Thanks everyone in advance!

You have gotten very good descriptions of the traditional dining (early or late) from others in this thread. If you feel that 8pm is too late for you to have dinner, without having to be part of MTD there are ways to get switched to the 6pm early dining.

You mention that your TA has been MIA lately....that is sad and a disservice to you.

However, if you want to move to early seating send an email to rcldining@rccl.com. In the subject line put the Ship your are sailing on and the sail date. In the body of the email provide them with your cruise reservation # and the complete names that are on the reservation. Explain that the late seating is just too late for you and you would appreciate their help in moving to the 6pm dinner seating.

This email goes directly into the department that handles dining reservations. They will be glad to be of assistance. It will not matter to them that you booked your cruise using a TA, don't worry.