First 4 night cruise in March - advice?

GSRDPM

My family of four (Myself, DW, DS 19, DD 16) will be on the Majesty of the Seas leaving Miami on March 16th. While this is our 10th cruise, it will be our first 4 day and the first where we will be entirely in the more cooler waters around Florida.

Since we are in Nassau from 8AM through midnight, I was wondering about options for while we are in port. On one other trip we walked over to the BCH and spent the day there. While we enjoyed the property, we would like a little more activity this time around. So far I am considering a rather wide range of options.

The Melia day pass seems nice for the pools and the nice beach. (Is there any option to rent a Hobie Cat or another small sailboat in that area?)

A Trip to Blue Lagoon Island for a beach day with perhaps smaller crowds and the opportunity to view the dolphins. Am I correct that this would likely be a quieter, more peaceful location during spring break than Cable Beach and the Melia?

Barefoot Sailing Cruises 6 hour snorkeling island cruise seems nice though I am concerned about the air and water temperatures during the sail into the ocean and snorkeling in the waters at that time of year. Most of our prior snorkeling trips have been further south such as the Virgin Islands or Cozumel. Will it be uncomfortably cool?

A fishing trip such as with Blue Hole Watersports as it would be something different for our family and might be fun without having to get into the cooler water. I am also interested if anyone has any other recommendations for a fishing trip operator.

I know it seems like we are all over the place. I figure our beach day would be at Coco Cay (if there is no problem tendering...) and our final port of Key West, we could do some land based touring around town, etc...

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Yes, you can rent watercraft at the Melia, but I am unsure about the construction going on. At key west, the calm option is yo take a tourist train around town and walk around close to the pier. Personally, I like renting mopeds, which helps get to Old a Town and the southern most point in the U.S....majesty is old, but a great, packed 4 day trip!

It looks like we are going to go with some deep sea fishing for a half day (4 hours) and have narrowed it down to either Chubasco or Born Free. Apparently Blue Hole does not go the "deep sea" route and we want to take a chance at some bigger fish. I hope it works out, otherwise will be a pretty expensive boat ride....

Neither my wife or I are fond of cold water for swimming, be it in pools or surf. Relaxing on a beach is nice, but we will be at Coco Cay (hopefully) the next day.

Water temps in the bahamas is listed here:

http://www.water-temperature.com/bahamas