Question about final payment

LeCricket

I need to make the final payment today for our April cruise. Do I need to do this before midnight tonight or during RCCL's business hours? I booked over the phone, but can pay online, correct? I'm waiting on a new credit card (hoping it shows up today) and don't get my mail until about 5 pm EST. I just don't want them to drop my reservation.

Thanks!

I would just call them today during business hours and tell them. What you are doing.

I've known people to be a month late on last payment and not have any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Our cruise confirmations have always stated 5PM EST so I am guessing that would also apply to online payments as well. But as N2DFire alludes, sometimes there's the policy then there's reality. ;) Personally, I wouldn't push it past their stated deadline time.

Edited by joepeka

I would go ahead and call as soon as you can. Sometimes the phone lines are very busy and it can be difficult getting in. You don't want to wait til the last minute, not be able to get through, and then have a problem that needs to be corrected. I have always called to arrange everything from booking to payments and always had excellent service. I know others will say they have not. And I've also read too many stories about things going wrong when you try to do it online. Calling has always been easy and quick for me.

If he can't help, call and ask for someone in the reservation dept. I have had a issue in the past with wanting to pay final after cashing in a CD. The bank was supposed to have everything done on a Monday, final due date was a Thursday. Banks had changed "names" the week before and I didn't get my funds until Friday at 10AM. I ended up so stressed. The cruise line was wonderful, not a single issue!!!! Make the call. Explain and let us know the outcome...

I realize everyones situation is differant, however I personally pay 1 month ahead of the final date, then I know it is done and less possibility of a payment not making it in time. I would call rather then trying to do online, that way you have a better feel that it was taken care of. I merely call our TA or email her telling her I wish a payment made on Date X and she calls it in that day and I have an invoice showing the payment within the week.

Thanks. I just booked last week and my husband wanted to put the whole trip on this new Southwest Airlines card. If it's not in the mail today, I'm just going to use a different card. My RCCL agent has an answering machine message stating he won't be returning calls, so I had to talk to reservations. That guy was not super friendly (seemed annoyed with me). He says I have until 11pm eastern time to call today or ask for an extension. I just don't feel super comfortable that people at RCCL communicate like they should. Every question I have had has received multiple different answers from here and RCCL reps. Tending to trust CC :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My final payment was due yesterday :eek: And I didn't know about it cuz we were off from work because of the snowstorm and my TA called my desk phone.

So I called him back this a.m. and gave him my cc info and he said "I hope they didn't cancel your reservation yet" :eek: Well, he emailed me that they DID cancel it but he got it back and they also canceled my 8:30 dinner!!! He said I had to go back to MTD!!! Well luckily, he emailed me again not too long ago saying he got the 8:30 pm seating back. :p

So, just saying not to mess around when they want their final payment! Next time I'll ask for the final payment date!! ;)