BIG price drop- check you reservation

Xmansmom

My Canada/New England cruise dropped so much I can get an ocean view for $200 less than I'm booked for an inside and the best part I'll qualify for the UBP. Now if I could just get Ncl to answer the phone. Debbie

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

Booked a BX in September for end of March Breakaway. Called yesterday to see price of various upgrade options. Was told only thing we could do was spa balcony for an extra $280. Today I see 2 aft balconies opened up and the price is what we paid for our BX and inquired if we could upgrade to one for no charge. They couldn't do it, but they offered no additional charge spa balcony. I'll take it! Now if I could just find a way to bring a glass of wine in with me (if anyone saw my previous question about alcohol in the spa) :D

tee hee..........you rebel.......well we didn't take wine into the spa, but we did once upon a time always take our water bottles and I used that crystal light lemon/lime flavour and added tequila from our room......ahhhhh........super refreshing and relaxing........and it was only one....not like we were going to get plastered in the spa!

I called this morning and saved $800 on our Pride of America sailing in October 2015 (B6 category). This is after saving $400 just this past Saturday (which I was pleased with.) So far I have saved over $1,400 since my original booking. :cool: I am anticipating being able to save even more over the next couple of months. We kept our UDP and got $75 OBC (lost $125 of our OBC from original booking, but the $800 savings was worth it.)

I booked directly with NCL and so far I've been very happy with the service I've received from them.

I booked directly with NCL and have also been very very happy with their customer service. This is also our first cruise with NCL so I am not up on all their policies.

I have a aft cabin and had heard that you might have to change if you do a rebooking. I did a mock booking and saw another aft that was comparable so I called. I was able to save $82 and get the UDP for a total of $320. She was able to keep the same cabin but the final payment date was changed from Feb 6 to Jan 22.

Two days later, before final payment, but I had already paid it off, I saw the price went down another $100 so I called and she very quickly did a $104 credit to my credit card. Very happy. I then went ahead and made dining reservations.

Now last Friday Jan 30 I did another mock booking and was shocked to see it had dropped another $250 pp. I debated if I should call but I said what the heck, I had to wait on hold for 25 minutes to get someone. Shockingly she told me although I had passed final payment I was still more than the "cancellation policy" date of 75 days so she could rebook it. She also said since I had excursions booked and dining reservations made she said she would check with a supervisor to just re price it instead of rebooking since it might mess some things up. I was only hoping for some sort of 25% of $250 as OBC instead I am getting another $520 credited to my credit card!:) That all took a total of 45 minutes. Since I'm still not at 75 days I will keep checking.

Today I got a email that the price had dropped again. Still 79 days away from "cancellation policy date of 75 days" so I called and got a $702 credit, had to give up my $200 OBC which is now $75 but I'm still $580 ahead with this call. I am now $1501 to the good with 4 price drops. I'm a happy camper!!:)

Yeah, the surprise stacked sale on Jan 31-Feb 1 was a really good one. Too bad the website was so glitchy and hold times so long that people missed it. They should have really extended it a weekday so people could reach CAS or their TAs.

There is some really great off season pricing in the Med for the Fall and next year. I am tossing around a special gift for parents 50th anniversary and I think it may wind up being something like that. They can do a 20 nt med with free dining and beverage package and $75 OBC balcony cabin for around $4000 total. That is really amazing for a 3- week all- inclusive vacation

They are offering this deal again today - KSF plus one other of your choice (OBC, UBP, or UDP).

Well after reading your post I decided to check our reservation which final payment was made two weeks ago and the price had dropped $500. I called our TA who in turn contacted NCL and we received a $100 credit on our credit card and $400 OBC for the cruise. Thanks so much for starting this thread otherwise I would not have checked for a price drop.

:D My TA called yesterday evening and confirmed my new rate after the price drop, I saved $1200, only thing I lost was my $200 OBC which dropped to $75 but it was worth it...

I now have a Aft Balcony on the Epic for 12 days in the Med for a total of $1600 per person which includes all Fee's, prepaid tips, and taxes..

I have the UDP and $75 OBC ..

That's a heck of a deal...

I'm so glad so any folks got price adjustments. My husband thinks I'm crazy checking all the time but for all the drops and special promotions I've found he's beginning to see why I look so much.

So happy you did! I had pretty much given up checking, as the price just kept going up and up… definitely got a heck of a deal with the price drop and Freestyle promo! Thanks again! :D