What would you do?-Alcohol in your stateroom!

sillysarah456

On the final day of our cruise we saw our room steward in the hallway as we were going to our room, he just happened to be delivering our two bottles of alcohol we had purchased. The point of this being...he knew we had already received our alcohol.

We just went to the room for a minute and then didn't return til that evening. When we did, there was a Crown Royal box on the Floor with a sticker indicating it was suppose to be delivered to a different room!

What would you have done in this situation? Let me know, then I'll tell you what we did...nothing crazy, just want some opinions first, my husband and I did not agree!

Surely you did what YOU would have like to have happened if YOU were the ones missing the bottle?

If someone else got your alcohol delivered to their cabin would you have not wanted them to return it to you?

If your answer is anything but that, I am reaching for the popcorn.....

On the final day of our cruise we saw our room steward in the hallway as we were going to our room, he just happened to be delivering our two bottles of alcohol we had purchased. The point of this being...he knew we had already received our alcohol.

We just went to the room for a minute and then didn't return til that evening. When we did, there was a Crown Royal box on the Floor with a sticker indicating it was suppose to be delivered to a different room!

What would you have done in this situation? Let me know, then I'll tell you what we did...nothing crazy, just want some opinions first, my husband and I did not agree!

I lost a bottle of rum I bought for my friend who wanted one from Jamaica. It was in a limited bottle edition and I paid a lot of money of it. More than I wanted to but she was battling cancer and I knew she was worth it.

"My" rum was delivered to the wrong cabin and the people there were not honest, they kept it. We didn't know who got it, just that it was delivered. Customer Service told me there was nothing they could do, to check back the morning of disembark and see if someone turned it in. Well they didn't; surprise, surprise.

When I got back I wrote to Carnival and was offered a $15 OBC on my next cruise. The rum cost me over $30 and even with a receipt the cruise line still offered me $15.

So if anyone had a bottle of rum that didn't belong to them but decided to keep it. Guess what? You stole it from a cancer patient.

Edited by lady_cruiser

Character can be defined by what you'll do when you know you cannot be caught.

My brain would say "bonus" free booze! Then my heart would kick in and tell me "wrong, that's not yours". So I would give it back to my steward to deliver to the correct room or I would deliver it myself if I knew what room it was for. I don't always succeed, but I try my best to do onto others as I wish was done to me.

On our last Cruise in October we purchased 4 bottles of Vodka and never received it. Since we didn't get back to our room until after 11:00 we could talk to our room steward until the next morning. When we asked him he said he delivered all boxes to the rooms but couldn't remember if he delivered to ours.

Needless to say someone received 4 bottles of Stoli Vodka and did not return to rightful owner. I hope they enjoyed it. :mad:

I even went down to Customer Service and they said they couldn't do anything and that the crew always delivers to correct room.

So crown royal is something that isn't that special and I can imagine can be replaced on the ship, but imagine how upset you would be if it were something that couldn't be replaced on the ship? Something you had specifically bought on the islands, say Blue Curacao or something like that? OMG I would be so upset if it went to the wrong cabin and the people who received it knowingly kept it and knew what cabin it belonged to, could have returned it and said nothing.

Come on people? I mean ok free alcohol? Sure but think of the people who are missing theirs...

This could be their first big vacation in a long time. They bought liquor to take home. Who knows? But posts like this make me shake my head...

I don't steal. So I'd either return it to the cabin or, if there was no answer at the door, I'd return it to the service desk - just to ensure that it makes it to it's rightful owner (steward messed up once)...

Was this from port or from the shops on board?

I know CCL and the rest of the cruise lines have a policy about not Not Being Responsible, yada yada yada for items brought on the ship, However should have a responsibility for items you have purchased through Carnival.

I was hoping to see an answer by now and that they got it to the correct person........

No, I need as much fodder as I can to show my husband he was wrong! haha

Okay, yes, we returned it, but by my insistence! It was actually pretty late, so I was worried the people in the room would be sleeping, so we called GS and they had someone come and pick it up. Also, if the had received a replacement they might be tempted to "steal" this second case, and if I had to be a good person, so did they! Let GS deal with it.

I'm glad to hear that Carnival will NOT replace it, once that room complained. This was my husbands argument.

Also, we certainly did not have enough room in our luggage for a box of Crown Royal! :P

I don't know if it was Carnival purchased or not, which could make a difference. It wasn't in the carnival "box," but it was in its own box so...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

No, I need as much fodder as I can to show my husband he was wrong! haha

Okay, yes, we returned it, but by my insistence! It was actually pretty late, so I was worried the people in the room would be sleeping, so we called GS and they had someone come and pick it up. Also, if the had received a replacement they might be tempted to "steal" this second case, and if I had to be a good person, so did they! Let GS deal with it.

I'm glad to hear that Carnival will NOT replace it, once that room complained. This was my husbands argument.

Also, we certainly did not have enough room in our luggage for a box of Crown Royal! :P

I don't know if it was Carnival purchased or not, which could make a difference. It wasn't in the carnival "box," but it was in its own box so...

Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

I refuse to comment on your husband............point taken, I hope.

Honestly, you can tell your husband if you ever find my alcohol on a ship, I don't care if it's the middle of the night. Please knock on my door instead of keeping what rightfully belongs to me, thank you very much.

Your husband was worried that it was too late at night? But not worried that they may be wondering what happened to their purchase? Hmmm....

Seriously though, glad you ended up doing the correct thing.

Honestly, you can tell your husband if you ever find my alcohol on a ship, I don't care if it's the middle of the night. Please knock on my door instead of keeping what rightfully belongs to me, thank you very much.

Your husband was worried that it was too late at night? But not worried that they may be wondering what happened to their purchase? Hmmm....

Seriously though, glad you ended up doing the correct thing.

Maybe this doesn't need a response, but perhaps my explanation was confusing...so for clarification, I was worried it was too late, that's why we called GS instead of just knocking on their door. My husband was worried they were missing their alcohol, but we we SURE they would have received another one!