Pre-paid gratuities

versuco

I rang HAL Australia and requested to pay gratuities in advance and was told that I couldn't.

I guess that the only way to do it would be to put some OBC on the account in advance.

We will be travelling for another 5 weeks after the end of our cruise and would prefer to not have a high credit card debt in case of emergency.

Is there a place on the HAL website where I can pre-pay our Hotel Service Charge, or do I have to call? I have searched, but can't seem to find the answer to my question. Thanks.

You can purchase OBC's for yourself which could be used for your Hotel Service Charge.. Click on indulgences on the HAL Web site to do this.. Just be sure to take your copies of the confirmations with you..

Is there a place on the HAL website where I can pre-pay our Hotel Service Charge, or do I have to call? I have searched, but can't seem to find the answer to my question. Thanks.

I was understanding that HAL automatically charges your CC for the gratuities..do you want to pay them before sailing?

You can purchase OBC's for yourself which could be used for your Hotel Service Charge.. Click on indulgences on the HAL Web site to do this.. Just be sure to take your copies of the confirmations with you..

I agree wholeheartedly. I have purchased OBC for our upcoming 50-day cruise since the gratuities on such a cruise are a big ticket item. I will most definitely bring my written confirmation with me.