Pre-ordering Specialty Dinner Packages

Goldenbeacher

I was told when on the Eclipse last month that buying a three or five dinner package was cheaper before the cruise. I went online and found the packages and the prices were indeed cheaper than we paid onboard. But there is no explanation. It seems that you have to use one the first night. That would be allright, but I don't want to be assigned to QSine, as we are hoping to meet new friends who would be interested in joining us there, as it is better with more than two. I assume the three dinner package also includes one night in the Tuscan Grille and one night in Murano, but it does not say. Also, do we get to pick the repeaters if we go with the five dinner package. Has anyone done this and can offer advice? Thanks!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was told when on the Eclipse last month that buying a three or five dinner package was cheaper before the cruise. I went online and found the packages and the prices were indeed cheaper than we paid onboard. But there is no explanation. It seems that you have to use one the first night. That would be allright, but I don't want to be assigned to QSine, as we are hoping to meet new friends who would be interested in joining us there, as it is better with more than two. I assume the three dinner package also includes one night in the Tuscan Grille and one night in Murano, but it does not say. Also, do we get to pick the repeaters if we go with the five dinner package. Has anyone done this and can offer advice? Thanks!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WE are booked for the 5-night package for our cruise in a week. When I booked (I called) the guy said they assign you to Tuscan the first night (which shows now on my reservation). The you arrange the other nights and you get to pick where you will repeat. Hoping to that we can book one more night at a discount as we don't want to eat in main dining at all.

Goldenbeacher,

We had the 3 dinner package on the Eclipse (Jan 4th). You can choose the date and time for your first dinner (must not be the first night of the cruise!). Onboard you can choose which restaurant you want to have for the first dinner. I recommend to talk to the restaurant reservations on the first day. There you can also make your appointments for the other restaurants.

steamboats

I had the 5 night pkg on Equinox and booked it again for our September cruise, also on Equinox. You can find the details about what restaurants are included in the package on the Celebrity website, look under the "onboard experience" tab, then "restaurants & cafes", then "specialty dining packages". Once there you can enter the ship and it will give you the package option and the details about what restaurants are included.

To book the package I call the Celebrity Enhancement Dept (800) 722-5941. When I booked for my September cruise I had the option of the first or second night for my first reservation. I picked the second (formal) night and was told it would be in Tuscan Grill, I picked the time. They said I had the best option of day/time because I booked it so far in advance. The rest of the nights I have to book onboard.

On my last cruise with the package I booked the remaining nights as soon as I boarded the ship and didn't have too much of a problem getting the days and times I wanted, but we dine early and am pretty flexible.

Hope it works as well for you!

Though I'd add that I've read the boards for way too long and I've never seen anyone report they were able to deviate from the set package. Here is what's include in the 5 dinner package for Eclipse from the Celebrity website:

Dinners

Specialty Package on Celebrity Eclipse

This specialty dining package includes one dinner in Murano, two dinners in Tuscan Grille, and two dinners in Qsine. Save 23% at $139 per person. Once your cruise is booked you can arrange for this package by clicking the button below.

Though I'd add that I've read the boards for way too long and I've never seen anyone report they were able to deviate from the set package. Here is what's include in the 5 dinner package for Eclipse from the Celebrity website:

Dinners

Specialty Package on Celebrity Eclipse

This specialty dining package includes one dinner in Murano, two dinners in Tuscan Grille, and two dinners in Qsine. Save 23% at $139 per person. Once your cruise is booked you can arrange for this package by clicking the button below.

The 5 dinner package costs $159/pp (saving of 31%) on the Eclipse last month, purchased onboard. The 3 dinner was $109/pp.

If you book on the ship you can usually get good discounts. There is a desk set up by main dining room and buffet. You can also go directly to speciality restaurant and negotiate discount. We have got between 20 and 50%. That way if you don't like the meal you don't have to go again. We would not bother with speciality restaurants again as we didn't think the food last time was that much better than main dinning room.