Internet packages on the Allure

palaemon

We can facebook , Instagram , attach to emails but not iMessage pics!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's really odd. iMessage is no more data intensive, and it's secure from point to point, unlike most "messaging services"

I think I read that VPN would work, so that would probably allow us to use iMessage. Honestly, they should explain why iMessage is blocked.

Wow, this is great!

Do you stay logged on when you turn your device screen off or is it one of those types of access where every time you turn on your device you have to agree to the terms and conditions?

The reason I ask is because, at this price, I think this is the solution to keeping in touch with the group we're traveling with, but only if e-mails and messages will ding immediately, even if my phone is in my purse.

My understanding is text messages will not work on wifi, but iMessage will. You would need a 3rd party app like Talkatone to message on wifi on an Android phone. My Oasis experience with email with a travelmate who had an Android (I had an iPhone so we used email to keep in touch) was that it was immediate... sometimes. Other times it took 10 minutes or more to show up. It might be the way she had her email set up... not to poll constantly. Or maybe she was not checking often. Either way, it was not always reliable.

We purchased the 3 day unlimited for $59 using it now. The only bummer is that it won't send an pictures through iMessage :(

I just looked back at iMessages I sent during my recent Oasis cruise and there's a photo of soft serve ice cream I sent my granddaughter on my iphone. So sending photos in iMessage worked for me.. not sure why it's not working for you.

I just looked back at iMessages I sent during my recent Oasis cruise and there's a photo of soft serve ice cream I sent my granddaughter on my iphone. So sending photos in iMessage worked for me.. not sure why it's not working for you.

Thank you. We figured it must have been a specific issues Witt that person. There shouldn't be a reason to block iMessage.

Some people don't understand how iMessage works, so it can be confusing.

We've tried every day..and between 3 phones..no iMessage pictures.. It hangs right before it's about to finish sending

Thank you. We figured it must have been a specific issues Witt that person. There shouldn't be a reason to block iMessage.

Some people don't understand how iMessage works, so it can be confusing.

3 iPhones and now trying on my iPad..no pictures will send! And I'm technically inclined..so I know it's not user error :)

Very strange. Kind of thing that would drive me nuts. I've had pics hang at home and a reboot fixed it. But with three phones doing the same thing I'm inclined to think it's something in the allure settings. I could not stream Netflix and they assured me it was not blocked. Netflix says it was a too slow connection. I had the fastest connection.

Edited by cruisingram1

Very strange. Kind of thing that would drive me nuts. I've had pics hang at home and a reboot fixed it. But with three phones doing the same thing I'm inclined to think it's something in the allure settings. I could not stream Netflix and they assured me it was not blocked. Netflix says it was a too slow connection. I had the fastest connection.

Rebooted, restarted , shut iMessage off and turned back on now of the 5th device and just hangs

ImageUploadedByForums1423858683.255540.jpg.9cf027cff2b812dab7bd0039902bce24.jpg

Edited by vacation_junkie

Rebooted, restarted , shut iMessage off and turned back on now of the 5th device and just hangs

You have done all I would have done. I also recall a few months ago having the same issue and rebooting did not fix it. And then the issue cleared up by itself. :rolleyes:

Are you able to send the photo over email? Have you tried to send the photo in iMessage alone, without any text? I've had an issue with photos hanging when I've added a comment in the same message. Have you tried picking the photo from Photos and then choosing iMessage? Then try opening iMessage and select the photo? Does it hang both ways?

Are you sending to a device that has iMessage turned on? Try sending to the associated with the iMessage account.

You have done all I would have done. I also recall a few months ago having the same issue and rebooting did not fix it. And then the issue cleared up by itself. :rolleyes:

Are you able to send the photo over email? Have you tried to send the photo in iMessage alone, without any text? I've had an issue with photos hanging when I've added a comment in the same message. Have you tried picking the photo from Photos and then choosing iMessage? Then try opening iMessage and select the photo? Does it hang both ways?

I have tried everything! Comment..no comment. Directly from photo's.. Day 6 of trying!

Of course..you can't use iMessage with out it on. I can message back and forth no problem, I have tried Atleast 50 times. It's sent 1 pictures the rest hangs. Checked on all 6 device. 3 iPhones and 3 iPads

Are you trying to send multiple pics at one time? Wasn't sure with your comment - that it sent one photo and the rest hangs. If you're trying to send more than one at a time that might be the issue. Send them individually. One at a time. Sorry if I misunderstood and you meant it sent one photo one time and then it hung up each time after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Were you signed up for the highest speed package? I was planning to buy the top speed on our 3/8 cruise on Allure with the thought that we could use Netflix.

Were you signed up for the highest speed package? I was planning to buy the top speed on our 3/8 cruise on Allure with the thought that we could use Netflix.

When we signed up for the Internet packed on the 2/15 sailing on the Allure, there were no "speeds" to choose from, just number of devices online at a time, and duration. (Entire cruise, 1 Day, or 1Hour) - they also had free all-day internet in the first Sea Day (as a Special) and the last few days each pro-rated (3-day, 2-day, and last day was the 1-day pricing)

Speed was excellent. Like previously mentioned photos and videos sent via iMessage and Whatsapp do NOT work. No idea why. Facebook uploads worked fine.

During our 1/24 Oasis cruise there were three speeds. I signed up for the fastest service. Now I believe there is only one speed option on Allure and Oasis.

I was able to send photos in iMessage on Oasis while others on Allure could not. It is still a puzzlement why I could and others could not. I could not get Netflix to work. No one could figure out why. Someone on Quantum was able to stream Netflix. Subtle setting differences somewhere could be at fault. I'd be curious to hear others experiences with streaming. I used three different iDevices with no luck.

FaceTime audio and Video was perfect. It was like talking to someone down the street. I was really impressed.

Are you trying to send multiple pics at one time? Wasn't sure with your comment - that it sent one photo and the rest hangs. If you're trying to send more than one at a time that might be the issue. Send them individually. One at a time. Sorry if I misunderstood and you meant it sent one photo one time and then it hung up each time after that.

Wouldn't send 1 single picture..

On our last Allure cruise in August, we were unable to connect using our Mac. (even with techie help) So we had to use the ship's computers. Has anyone else had this problem on the Allure? Thanks!

We just used iphones, ipads and Macbook pro with no issues... besides not being able to send pics via iMessage.