OK- now for the accessories...

laughoutloud

Any good places to buy nice costume jewelry? I'm especially interested in silver colored pieces that won't tarnish & earrings made with beads...

BTW, my mom's friend has a cute motto: "Spend less on the clothes & more on the accessories" (shoes, bag, jewelry...):rolleyes:

Any good places to buy nice costume jewelry? I'm especially interested in silver colored pieces that won't tarnish & earrings made with beads...

BTW, my mom's friend has a cute motto: "Spend less on the clothes & more on the accessories" (shoes, bag, jewelry...):rolleyes:

I am an accessory FANATIC. One of my fave fashion jewelry places is this huge store here in Dallas, but they just started a website, sammoon.com. The selection is not as good as it is in the store, but they have excellent prices.

Try silverjewelryclub.com. They have sterling and gemstone jewelry for only the shipping and handling cost of $5.99. A friend bought a few things there and raved. I tried a couple of pieces and they are very nice. The only drawback is that you have to check frequently because you can only buy while the item is showing and they show one item at a time!

Hi, I used to sell a jewelry line called Lady Remington (the name has since changed to Lia Sophia). This is a great product! Although some may feel the jewelry is a little pricey, the jewelry is extremely well made and comes with a 100% lifetime replacement guarantee. This replacement is for breakage or boredom. You can return the item you no longer enjoy to replace it with another selection of equal value. I haven't sold this product in over 5 years, but I am still a faithful customer. You should check out their website which is www.liasophia.com . I am absolutely certain you will not be disappointed. Just for your information... this company uses a direct selling approach by scheduling home parties; however, you can simply contact a representative in your area to place an order. I think you should look into this.

laughoutloud - I second Kohl's ! They've got some really pretty things.

ny grits - OMG, Lady Remington! I was at a LR party ages ago and bought a silver ring and a pair of earrings. The earrings are 2" diameter hoops. I don't wear them any more, but both the earrings and the ring (which I do still wear) are in perfect condition!

Jane, that's a great website. The jewelry is really pretty. Did you check out the one I posted? Just curious.

Wendy

Yes, I took a look at it. They base the sales on the Tupperware model which has always been a successful way to market.

I assume that you sell, or hostess, the line?

Jane

Jane,

As I stated before, I used to work/sell for the company about 5 years ago. It's just that I really like their product, so I am still a loyal customer. The quality is exceptional and I really like the idea that I can exchange something simply because I no longer wear it. Sounds like I should go back to work:cool:. Honestly, not trying to solicit, just put my two cents in. Happy shopping!

Wendy

NY grits:

I was such a moron!...last year my friend hosted one of those parties for Lia Sophia & I declined to go. I didn't want to feel pressured into buying stuff. What a mistake. The pieces my friends bought are beautiful & good quality & unusual. BTW the website looks great, thanks. How expensive is their jewelry?

Maryann

Jane,

As I stated before, I used to work/sell for the company about 5 years ago. It's just that I really like their product, so I am still a loyal customer. The quality is exceptional and I really like the idea that I can exchange something simply because I no longer wear it. Sounds like I should go back to work:cool:. Honestly, not trying to solicit, just put my two cents in. Happy shopping!

Wendy

Wendy,

Didn't mean to imply you were soliciting, I just forgot that you had posted in your first post you used to work for them. I was just curious. Reread your initial post now and see all the info.

Very unusual that you can return at any time. People do that often when styles change?

Jane

Prices for Lia Sophia jewelry range from $25 to $125 depending on the piece. The more expensive pieces usually have semi precious stones or swavorki (sp) crystals. Some pieces are sterling silver.

For customers, they have a save plan; meaning the more you buy, the more you save. For example, if you purchase a matching set of earrings, necklace, and bracelet you would get the most expensive item of the three for half price! So...buy 2 at the regular price and get your 3rd item for half price. For a hostess, the savings are even better. I had a party about 9 mos. ago. I'm not kidding...I received tons of jewelry valuing about $950 and I only paid $75.

As for exchanges, people do it all the time. The important thing to remember in these exchanges is that you must have your original sales receipt. Keep them with your receipts for other fine jewelry purchases or appraisals. When you want to exchange an item, I think you send them $5 with the sales receipt. The company in turn, sends you a current catalog and gift certificate for the full retail amount (even if you purchased it for half price).

Hope the info is helpful and that if you do get an opportunity to attend a show, you'll check it out. The jewelry is so much more beautiful in person.

Have a great time on your cruises!

Wendy

Archived