Cruising in 2016?

Bramcruiser

Well I might as well be post #100 since I started the thread. Its been a while but the plans are still in place. We're flying over to Copenhagen (from Toronto), staying a few days there and then flying over to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland where we catch our Silver Explorer. Greenland, Nunavut and the Labrador coast to St. John's, Newfoundland. Totally different for us and our first ever expedition type cruise. Extremely expensive so not likely to repeat it. Still, it should be a fascinating experience. Won't have to worry about tons of tourists on the beach.:)

Errr....post #101.

Edited by Bramcruiser

• 3 weeks later...

DH and I are trying a river cruise with Avalon from Vienna to Prague in 2016. He's fascinated with the Krampus, so we're doing a Christmas Market cruise. This will be my third time to Vienna, one of my favorite cities in the world, first time to Prague.

2016 is nearly here and so are the cruises to go with it!

1/18/16 - Carnival Ecstasy (4 day)... re-trying the brand on a short cruise experiment.

1/22/16 - Norwegian Pearl (Ship Charter) (4 day)

11/27/16 - Norwegian Breakaway - Caribbean (14 day)

There's a substantial gap in between. Now summers are a great time for Ogunquit BUT the cruise itch will be real after Labor Day! :D

I wasn't planning anything but the price was too good to pass up and I booked NCL Gem from NYC leaving this Saturday. Now I have 2 days to pull everything together. YIKES!

Have an awesome time. All the recent renovations to Gem look impressive. Hopefully the new water slide will finally be open! :p

We just booked on Royal Princess for the Mediterranean bear cruise in August, followed by a week in Spain.

Sounds awesome. I've done a couple short cruises on Princess, but only on Grand-class ships. (They have 10 of them, I think.) I'm really curious about Royal-class. And I love Spain, so I'm super jealous. Have fun. :)

We're on Empress of the Seas 4-day Key West and Bahamas in June and Celebrity Equinox 13 night Greece and Turkey in August. Although it's not booked yet, we have been doing a Thanksgiving cruise over the last two years so I'm sure we'll be booking that one as well. Happy Cruising!

My husband and I are booked on the HAL MS Zuiderdam transAtlantic from FLL to Copenhagen - April 18. We'll be in the Crow's Nest at happy hour everyday if anyone else will be on board. We'll celebrate my birthday onboard. It's our second TA on HAL and my third. There were no cruises in 2015 and I missed the sea time.

Well I might as well be post #100 since I started the thread. Its been a while but the plans are still in place. We're flying over to Copenhagen (from Toronto), staying a few days there and then flying over to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland where we catch our Silver Explorer. Greenland, Nunavut and the Labrador coast to St. John's, Newfoundland. Totally different for us and our first ever expedition type cruise. Extremely expensive so not likely to repeat it. Still, it should be a fascinating experience. Won't have to worry about tons of tourists on the beach.:)

We, too, are doing Greenland this summer, although on Regent. Like you, this trip is so expensive, we won't be repeating it. But the itinerary was too good to pass up - 3 ports in Iceland and 3 in Greenland, sailing Dublin to Reykjavik. We originally were booked for a Mediterranean cruise, but cancelled as soon as we saw this unusual itinerary. While ours isn't an expedition trip, hopefully we'll see some amazing things - at least most of the excursions are included in the walloping cruise fare! Hope you have a great time!

Michael

2016 is nearly here and so are the cruises to go with it!

1/18/16 - Carnival Ecstasy (4 day)... re-trying the brand on a short cruise experiment.

1/22/16 - Norwegian Pearl (Ship Charter) (4 day)

11/27/16 - Norwegian Breakaway - Caribbean (14 day)

There's a substantial gap in between. Now summers are a great time for Ogunquit BUT the cruise itch will be real after Labor Day! :D

I'm going on the Ncl breakaway 10/23/16 and again on 11/27/16

We, too, are doing Greenland this summer, although on Regent. Like you, this trip is so expensive, we won't be repeating it. But the itinerary was too good to pass up - 3 ports in Iceland and 3 in Greenland, sailing Dublin to Reykjavik.

Michael

Thanks Michael. You'll love Iceland. We've been there twice on vacation (one we flew there and back and the other was the final destination of a cruise) and its one of our favourites. The midnight sun in summer is something else too. Reykjavik is a neat city. What are your other 2 ports in Iceland?

Never did Greenland before so this will be a real first for us. Heck, I never even been to Newfoundland before! :)

Definitely enjoy your travel.

David

Edited by Bramcruiser

Hoping to find a good deal with RCL or NCL during the last 2 weeks of March for a solo room. Could be 7 days to 11 or 12m either works, I have vacation time I have to use or lose by the end of that month, and I a slammed with work right up to the middle of March.

It may be hard because this is prime spring break weeks. I'm not picky but am limited without a passport.

Done the Caribbean many times, like the southern route St Kitts, Barts, etc, but am also looking at cruises from the West Coast as airfare is cheap on JetBlu to LA.

I've Done

NCL Epic Feb 2014 7 days

RCL Quantum Feb 2015 (10 days)

RCL Liberty of the Seas Nov 2015 (12 day repo)