"Kids" first cruise advice please

beckzay

Beckzay,

I forgot to mention some things:

1. Food on Bermuda is crazy expensive: think $15 US for a Burger King combo. There is no place you HAVE to eat on Bermuda, except perhaps the Swizzle Inn (Swizzle Inn, Stagger Out) http://www.swizzleinn.com/ It's like a dive bar, with bar food, nothing fancy and your kids will enjoy it. After the Swizzle Inn, visit the Crystal and Fantasy Caves for a fun, cool time. Make sure you eat Fish Chowder and Rum Cake at any place while there.

2. The public transportation system is cheap and easy to use. We rode busses and ferry's everywhere. Do some research on the various passes to see if you would use them enough to save money. Taxis aren't necessary unless you are in a hurry.

3. On the first day, we took a private van tour van to see the whole island. It was fun and we felt it was worthwhile to get a sense of the culture and geography.

We loved Bermuda, there is so much to do, the three days fly by! And it sounds like a good fit for your budget, there is a lot you can do in Bermuda for a minimal amount of money. The bus and ferry system is cheap and reliable. Food is expensive, so we ate lunch out and had a late dinner on the ship, so it wasn't such a big deal. St George is a wonderful history filled spot to explore, loved the perfumery. Did the caves, not my favorite, but you never know til you try it. And gorgeous beaches with wonderful warm water. Would go back again and again if I could. Did you check the prices for the family suites on the Dawn? They would hold 5 adult sized people very comfortably, not sure that would be true with the family oceanview...

We loved Bermuda, there is so much to do, the three days fly by! And it sounds like a good fit for your budget, there is a lot you can do in Bermuda for a minimal amount of money. The bus and ferry system is cheap and reliable. Food is expensive, so we ate lunch out and had a late dinner on the ship, so it wasn't such a big deal. St George is a wonderful history filled spot to explore, loved the perfumery. Did the caves, not my favorite, but you never know til you try it. And gorgeous beaches with wonderful warm water. Would go back again and again if I could. Did you check the prices for the family suites on the Dawn? They would hold 5 adult sized people very comfortably, not sure that would be true with the family oceanview...

I did, for multiple dates in May, and it's quite a bit more for a suite on Dawn than the family ocean view on Breakaway (and way more than the Getaway to the Caribbean). I know the OV will be tight but I'm not that worried about it. We're a really close family (our twins are only 16-17 years younger than us) and we still all share 1 bathroom in our house :) We won't be in the room much, we'll be out making memories!

Ok, just wanted to make sure you knew the family suites aren't necessarily crazy expensive, but it really varies. Have a great time, sounds like the Breakaway deal is awesome and you'll love Bermuda!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the advice. I probably wouldn't have even looked at the Dawn and a suite if you hadn't mentioned it.

Unfortunately, it looks like both of the sailings on the Breakaway we could have gone on are sold out now for the family ocean view category :(