pacific inn seal beach

aawheat

we got a decent park n stay rate at pacific inn for the grand prix weekend at long beach has anyone stayed there before distance to long beach port?

We have stayed there several times because of the location. It isn't a high end hotel, but is convenient to places in Seal Beach for us.

It is about 5-6 miles from the port via 2nd street.:)

That 5-6 sounded short to me...so I checked it using Google Maps:

Depending on route, it's 7.9 miles from the Carnival terminal using Ocean Avenue or 9 miles via 7th Street...

In current traffic on an ordinary Sunday morning, it's 22 minutes...

BUT, On Grand Prix weekend, it's going to take a LOT longer than that! But, hopefully, the hotel shuttle driver knows how to drive AROUND all of the crowds, traffic and road closures...For that one, he may go all freeway--Studebaker to the 405 to the 710--which would be 17 miles...

Normally, I wouldn't recommend staying in Seal Beach...It's a quiet little residential town a little far from the port...but there is a small shopping center with a couple of restaurants across the street from the hotel...and a little downtown area and another shopping center a couple of blocks away...

But, of course, you will have your car, so you can really go anywhere you like during your stay...

The town itself is nice...and safe...no worries about leaving your car there...

And, it being Grand Prix weekend, nicer places closer might be hard to come by...

Normally, I wouldn't recommend staying in Seal Beach...It's a quiet little residential town a little far from the port...but there is a small shopping center with a couple of restaurants across the street from the hotel...and a little downtown area and another shopping center a couple of blocks away...

Maybe you wouldn't recommend Seal Beach, but not everyone has the same tastes as you. We like Seal Beach and don't agree with you. There are many things to do in Seal Beach. Main street is a fun place to walk, as is the pier, and the closeness of the beach.

Many nice restaurants on Main street to choose from, and all walkable from the Pacific Inn.:)

Maybe you wouldn't recommend Seal Beach, but not everyone has the same tastes as you. We like Seal Beach and don't agree with you. There are many things to do in Seal Beach. Main street is a fun place to walk, as is the pier, and the closeness of the beach.

Many nice restaurants on Main street to choose from, and all walkable from the Pacific Inn.:)

Husky, I think you misunderstand me...I wasn't saying Seal Beach isn't nice...I just don't recommend it for MOST cruisers looking for Long Beach hotels...mostly due to the distance to port. Most cruisers are there without a car, having flown in and taken a shuttle from the airport...Many want to be in a more touristy location...For them, much better to be in Downtown/Convention Center area Long Beach...It puts them close to the main Long Beach attractions--the Queen Mary, the Aquarium of the Pacific, etc. It puts them very close to their cruise ship with little stress or concern getting their in the morning. It gives them free shuttle service all around the area...and the hotels there are much more upscale...

That's not a knock on Seal Beach...There are also many other little towns in the area that are nice places to stay...but also don't have the proximity to port and similar advantages to the prime Long Beach area...

Edited by Bruin Steve

Husky, I think you misunderstand me...I wasn't saying Seal Beach isn't nice...I just don't recommend it for MOST cruisers looking for Long Beach hotels...mostly due to the distance to port. Most cruisers are there without a car, having flown in and taken a shuttle from the airport...Many want to be in a more touristy location...For them, much better to be in Downtown/Convention Center area Long Beach...It puts them close to the main Long Beach attractions--the Queen Mary, the Aquarium of the Pacific, etc. It puts them very close to their cruise ship with little stress or concern getting their in the morning. It gives them free shuttle service all around the area...and the hotels there are much more upscale...

That's not a knock on Seal Beach...There are also many other little towns in the area that are nice places to stay...but also don't have the proximity to port and similar advantages to the prime Long Beach area...

I agree that I wouldn't recommend it for most cruisers out of Long Beach. But this poster had already booked the Pacific Inn, and wasn't asking for a recommendation. They said they were there for the Grand Prix, not a cruise. I have attended the GP in the past and it is a traffic nightmare.

Personally having lived in the area for many years prior to moving north, I like Seal very much, and in fact I will be there in a few days.

Sorry I misunderstood you.:):)

I agree that I wouldn't recommend it for most cruisers out of Long Beach. But this poster had already booked the Pacific Inn, and wasn't asking for a recommendation. They said they were there for the Grand Prix, not a cruise. I have attended the GP in the past and it is a traffic nightmare.

Personally having lived in the area for many years prior to moving north, I like Seal very much, and in fact I will be there in a few days.

Sorry I misunderstood you.:):)

But then the OP was asking how far is the hotel from the port so I would guess there is a Carnival cruise involved that happens to be at the same time as the Grand Prix.

But then the OP was asking how far is the hotel from the port so I would guess there is a Carnival cruise involved that happens to be at the same time as the Grand Prix.

Since the OP didn't specifically say they were cruising I didn't assume thy were.:) But I guess I should punish myself if I committed an error.:rolleyes:

thanks for all your info i guess i wasn't clear in my post we are going on the miracle that saturday and they say they give free shuttle to the port. thanks for everyones imput. there charging 160 for room breakfast shuttle and 7 day parking