Is food quality the same for all ships within the same company?

Bosun

Hi , i am wondering this because, well, i have been on a certain ship that i didn't particularly like the quality of food. Actually i didnt care too much for the ship either, but I do not want to judge the entire company by this. Was thinking about cruising with another ship in the same fleet, but i am afraid the food won't be very good. Has anyone gone with different ships within the same fleet, and experienced different levels of food quality? Im very interested in knowing and i appreciate your help! Thanks a lot! :)

The food quality can definitely vary within the fleet of a cruise line. It can even vary on the same ship depending on when you sail because it all boils down to the personnel in the kitchens preparing the food. If certain key personnel are on vacation for a particular sailing (chefs and supervisors, for instance), or they've been transferred to a different ship, you might find a significant difference in the food.

The quality of food does differ from ship to ship within the same cruise line.

For example - HAL has the same menus on all the ships. When we were on the Westerdam in January we didn't care for the food - too dry. On the Volendam in Feb/Mar - an improvement. But on the Zuiderdam in May - great. It all boils down to the chef and how he likes to present the food. Some chefs do a great job with sauces and watch too make certain that the food isn't overcooked while others never seem to check on anything.

Hello,

Will the food be the same at every OUTback steakhouse across the country?

Every Carrabbas.....every Mcdonalds........every Red Lobster......every Cracker Barrel???????????? Dennys??????????/

different people preparing the same meal...............

different tempatures and altitudes................

You be the judge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank-you everyone for responding. Is it wrong to think that some cruise lines are known to have better food than others? If it is true, what do you think of NCL in general?

It's not wrong to think that some cruise lines are known to have better food than others. That said, however, it's virtually impossible to reach a consensus. Some people swear by Celebrity, others Princess, still others Carnival. I've been on 5 NCL cruises, 4 Princess, 1 RCI, and 2 miscellaneous. Generally speaking, I've been more than pleased with the food on all of my cruises. If I start nitpicking, certain meals were better on some ships than others. But on my most recent NCL cruises (Star and Dawn) I felt that the food ranged from good to excellent, with a few of the meals quite memorable.

All that said, however, it's just one man's opinion. Food is so subjective and only your opinion really matters to you.

Archived