Plug sockets on board

Gilby1989

Hi all.

A question asked a gazillion times I expect, but what sockets are on board the Celebrity solstice?

I'm coming all the way from the UK....

On the s/class ships there are a couple of usa sockets and 1 European one... I think that's right? I'm sure someone will reply if not!

We normally take an extension/block lead with 4 UK sockets on and a couple of adapters!

Hope this helps! :)

On the s/class ships there are a couple of usa sockets and 1 European one... I think that's right? I'm sure someone will reply if not!

We normally take an extension/block lead with 4 UK sockets on and a couple of adapters!

Hope this helps! :)

Exactly correct on the S-Class ships! Two are USA 110 Volt and one is a European 220 Volt.

If looking to charge electronics, most can handle either style these days - just a matter of the correct converter brick. When we went to the Med last year, we bought a Kindle charger from Amazon to charge the USB devices. You can probably do something similar for cell phone, eBook reader, tablet, etc.

Just to clarify terms:

If your charger says 110-240V 50/60hz then you can connect it to either 110V or 220/240V outlets. To do this you only need an ADAPTER which allows you, for example, to plug a UK plug into a European outlet.

If your charger says 110V 60hz or 50/60hz, then you can plug it in to the US style 110V outlet or you will need a CONVERTER to convert the 220/240V to 110V.

Just trying to save you some money...converters tend to be more expensive and larger/heavier than adapters.

Safety note: Please do not plug a 110V multiple outlet strip into a 220V outlet, even if you have an adapter. It's not safe. Only use a 110V adapter on the 110V outlets (or a 220V to 110V converter).

S class looks like this:

DSC00878-W-M.jpg

There are two North American style 110V outlets and one European Style 220V outlets. On the counter on the right is a plug adapter for converting the European style outlet to an American style grounded plug. These are very inexpensive ($5 to $10 or less) and are useful for our 220 V compatible items (mostly camera and phone chargers). But use these with CAUTION as they do not convert the voltage so if you use them on an appliance that is not 220V compatible it will quickly fry it!!

Please help....We are taking our first TA and first time in Europe. What kind of plug/adapter do we need for curling iron, kindle, cell phone, MP3 (all have chargers), etc. ?? Thank you.

You do not need any for the ship.

For the hotels before your port you need a American to European plug adaptor but that is just for your 220V compatible products.

Since we already have such a plug adapter we do use it on the ship to plug compatible items into the 220V euro outlet found on board, but this isn't necessary since there are also regular American type outlets available on board as well. But you will not find American type outlets at hotels in Europe.

Here is the type of adapter: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_ex_n_1?rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A281407%2Cn%3A173541%2Ck%3Ausa+to+europe+outlet+plug+adapter&bbn=173541&keywords=usa+to+europe+outlet+plug+adapter&ie=UTF8&qid=1423588144

The link includes both types and you want the kind with the round plugs on the bottom.

This is only for your appliances that are 220V compatible. It will say someplace on the item what voltage range it covers, usually fine print on the plug or by the model number on the item. If it is not 220V compatible and you MUST use it then you need a voltage converter. Unlike the adapters the voltage converters can be expensive and not all of them work well for all appliances. I've had bad luck with those so we now just do not use our 110V products in Europe. My wife has bought smaller travel version of her hair dryer which switches between 110V and 220V and you can buy hair irons that also have this feature. Almost all cell phone, camera and kindle type chargers I've seen are dual voltage but you need to double check this.

Here is an example of a Sony charger with the voltage range highlighted by a red box. Since it says "100-240V" it can be plugged into a European 220 volt outlet:

CAMS0363.JPG

Here is a typical hairdryer label, this one shows it only is for up to 125 volts, so it cannot be used in a 220 volt Euro style outlet. If you try to do this it will probably burn out.

hairdryer.jpg

Edited by Lsimon

S class looks like this:

DSC00878-W-M.jpg

There are two North American style 110V outlets and one European Style 220V outlets. On the counter on the right is a plug adapter for converting the European style outlet to an American style grounded plug. These are very inexpensive ($5 to $10 or less) and are useful for our 220 V compatible items (mostly camera and phone chargers). But use these with CAUTION as they do not convert the voltage so if you use them on an appliance that is not 220V compatible it will quickly fry it!!

I recommend bring an extension with multiple add'l outlets, also extending to the bed area, although you may be able to request on on board. suprised there are not outlets on both sides of the beds. :(