Kids Club On NCL Dawn

Irishgrl73

How crowded do the kids club get? I will be traveling with my 5 year old Autistic son and was wondering what to expect. We have been on the DCL Magic before and it was insanely crowded and was wondering if it was the same crowd level or more or less.

Edited by Irishgrl73

How crowded do the kids club get? I will be traveling with my 5 year old Autistic son and was wondering what to expect. We have been on the DCL Magic before and it was insanely crowded and was wondering if it was the same crowd level or more or less.

Probably depends on the time of year and itinerary?

The week before Labour Day will be moderately busy I am guessing. Just looking at the loads/prices on the ship. Certainly not as crowded as the weeks before.

I know that's a very vague answer but it's really difficult to say. As a comparator, we did an 11-day Med cruise in February and there was a total of 12 kids registered in the 3-5 group. Likewise on the Getaway at Canadian Thanksgiving this past October, there was close to 100 kids in the 3-5 group..

If you can push your trip into September, there will be a lot fewer kids on board. We took a Panama Canal cruise leaving on 1/8, and there were 11 children on board. The previous cruise, over New Year's, had 150 kids. Our son was only 2 so we didn't want him overwhelmed on the cruise.

People on this board have had hit-or-miss success calling the cruise line and asking exactly how many children are on board prior to sailing, so it is certainly worth a phone call. You can also contact the special needs department to see if they can access this information for you for the exact cruise you hope to take.

Edited by kitkat343

If you can push your trip into September, there will be a lot fewer kids on board. We took a Panama Canal cruise leaving on 1/8, and there were 11 children on board. The previous cruise, over New Year's, had 150 kids. Our son was only 2 so we didn't want him overwhelmed on the cruise.

People on this board have had hit-or-miss success calling the cruise line and asking exactly how many children are on board prior to sailing, so it is certainly worth a phone call. You can also contact the special needs department to see if they can access this information for you for the exact cruise you hope to take.

Thanks for your reply I will give them a call. My Son will be starting Kindergarten the following week so I really don't want to pull him out of school right now for vacation. The DCL had hundreds of kids while he was Ok with it I was really nervous so just want to get a feel for how many kids NCL can handle.