RCI (Celebrity) Cruisetour 5A

CKCruising

We are looking at the Radiance cruise from Vancouver to Seward and then adding Cruise Tour 5A after. The only details I can find for the cruise tour are the cities visited. For those that have done this, Is there a more detailed itinerary available?

I can determine the driving times between the cities, but I was more looking for the bus leaves Seward at x and arrives in Alyeska at y.

Any further information on this tour would be greatly appreciated.

You'll get more responses if you post a link to the itinerary.

In the meantime did you look at the trip report link? Look at STICKYs near the top of the page. There were a few RCL cruisetours in the 2014 list. Look in the 2013 list as well ... start with reply #45 where the reports are sorted by cruiseline/ship.

You'll get more responses if you post a link to the itinerary.

In the meantime did you look at the trip report link? Look at STICKYs near the top of the page. There were a few RCL cruisetours in the 2014 list. Look in the 2013 list as well ... start with reply #45 where the reports are sorted by cruiseline/ship.

Thanks for the input. I've read some/most of the reviews and am working through the rest. I've seen a few with the destinations on the tour and the stops, but nothing specific to the cruisetour I was looking for yet.

The itinerary is:

Day 1: Seward/Alyeska

Day 2: Alyeska/Anchorage/Denali

Day 3: Denali

Day 4: Denali/Talkeetna

Day 5: Talkeetna/Anchorage

Day 6: Anchorage

Edited by CKCruising

Bummer, nothing much for NB Celebrity cruisetours.

If Celebrity won't provide you with arrival/departure times, can they say which leg is bus ? by train? and if by train does it follow the Alaska Railroad schedule or is it cruise-contracted? (At least the AKRR schedule is published so you'd have a little info.)

I've purchased 2 tickets for the shuttle to EVC in Denali and have received e-mail confirmation. What is the process for actually getting the tickets now?

Tickets can be picked up at the Wilderness Access Center (WAC) which is the same place you'll board the bus to EVC. I think they're open until 6 or 7pm.

After hours you can pick them up at the store at Riley Creek campground until 11pm.

Don't forget a sack lunch and drink for the trip and get to the WAC a little early so you have better choice of seats.

If you have a NP pass be sure to bring it with you. You would have been charged a $10 park fee when you bought the tickets and they'll refund it if you have a pass.

I did a HAL cruisetour and spoke to folks on our trip that were on a Princess cruisetour. Neither were provided the detailed information you are asking for.

Our paperwork stated the date/day but no times. Just Morning departure from and destination we were going to. Once we arrived in Alaska and met with our tour director, each morning we were given a sheet on our seat on the coach as to what the day's itinerary would be. That night as we left the coach, we were told what time to have our luggage out and what time the coach would be leaving.

There are too many variables to give exact times. Even for Denali, it just said train from Denali to Anchorage. They didn't put the time of the train.

On HAL website, if we didn't have the time necessary for an excursion, they wouldn't let us book it, so even for independent tours, we didn't book if it wasn't available through HAL.

I've purchased 2 tickets for the shuttle to EVC in Denali and have received e-mail confirmation. What is the process for actually getting the tickets now?

If you arrive an hour before your shuttle bus, you can just pick up the tickets when you get there. Problem is without a car you may not want to have to get the the access center twice. Shuttle buses time selections can be dependent on lodge schedules, is you don't arrange other transportation.