Enchantment - To drink package, or not to drink package...

Actually, there's nothing on that post at Gambee's that's current or accurate. They're not using the menus anymore, the prices are too low and I don't think his calculations in his chart were correct anyway because the $55.00 includes the tip, but the drink price he lists does not. If it were to be accurate, both columns need to include tip or not include tip. The last point I could be wrong about though, as I'm going from memory on the old drink prices.

Ok thanks for the info. I was thinking those drink prices were too good to be true.

Ok thanks for the info. I was thinking those drink prices were too good to be true.

Current bar menus, some with prices, (for Freedom anyway) are located in my live report here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2182750

I would guess that those menus are being used elsewhere as well.

Edited by Beachcampin

I plan on buying the unlimited drink package for me and my friend on our 4 night cruise in May. I read a article that broke down the costs and its easier to break even/get your money's worth when it's a 3-5 night cruise. Longer cruises it's often harder to stay with multiple drinks a day. Plus premium coffee is always a plus!

I plan on buying the unlimited drink package for me and my friend on our 4 night cruise in May. I read a article that broke down the costs and its easier to break even/get your money's worth when it's a 3-5 night cruise. Longer cruises it's often harder to stay with multiple drinks a day. Plus premium coffee is always a plus!

will this be on the enchantment in may? wife and I will be sailing may 9-11 iirc

I have trouble understanding this line of thinking.

On a ten-day cruise, the two top beverage packages for two people would be $1156 or $1298. It's better to pay that than to be run up a $200, $300, $500, or $600 bar bill? Wouldn't you be better off just putting $1,000 on your sea pass account and being refunded the difference?

(And I've spent significantly less than $300 in liquor, cappuccino, etc., had had about as much fun as I can handle.)

It's the breaking even part, though. If you don't think you'll break even (6-7 drinks or whatever the cut off is for breaking even given the cost of the plan you get) then no, it's not a good insurance. Port intensive cruises might make it so that a person could absolutely not break even. 3 day Bahamas cruises with a stop in Coco Cay make it extremely easy to break even.

I have trouble understanding this line of thinking.

On a ten-day cruise, the two top beverage packages for two people would be $1156 or $1298. It's better to pay that than to be run up a $200, $300, $500, or $600 bar bill? Wouldn't you be better off just putting $1,000 on your sea pass account and being refunded the difference?

(And I've spent significantly less than $300 in liquor, cappuccino, etc., had had about as much fun as I can handle.)

well, your mileage may vary of course. The cruises we've been on were a few 5 nights and a 7, and we had a package for the 7, but did not for the others. For a long haul trip like that it might be a better idea to put up 1k up front. There are many good way to go about it. People want to get the ebst deal, and also have a sense of comfort. Do whatever you feel is best, but a 10 day drink package is pretty steep no matter what way you look at it....so depending on your drinking habits and your tolerances, the "value" really depends from person to person.

either way, happy drinking my friend!