New to Norwegian - Help!

celticd1

My boss is booked on the POA for the end of this month and is looking for me to help answer some of his questions. I have only sailed on Carnival so I'm turning to you for some help. :)

What can you tell me about cruising Norwegian that may be different from cruising on Carnival?

TIA

Norwegian is a very relaxed, do what you want, when you want, kind of experience. Similar to Carnivals "anytime dining" that was modeled after NCLs Freestyle, you can stop in any restaurant whenever you're hungry. It is just like a land restaurant. They will seat you at your own table. You do not have to share a table with strangers. Some times will be more busy than others, reservations may be made in advance either online or by just walking up to the hostess station. There are at least two main dining rooms and a buffet that are included. There are many up charge restaurants for a $10-$30 per person fee. Well worth it, IMO. There is a dining package that can be purchased to cover 95% of the up charge fees. (Some exclusive restaurants, such as Ocean Blue on the Breakaway are not covered, but they do offer you a discount on the cover charge. A La Carte items from the sushi bar or bakery, etc. are also not covered)

Entertainment is usually very good, with a variety of options. The megaships all have name brand Broadway acts. "Rock of Ages" on Breakaway, "Legally Blonde" on Getaway, and currently "Blue Man Group" on Epic, although their contract is almost up.

There are no required formal nights. You can dress up any night if you choose to or you can stay resort casual every night if you'd prefer.

It's not that much different from Carnival, however, I love NCLs ships, I found their crew is MUCH more fun and friendly than what I experienced on my one Carnival cruise, and I just love the overall Freestyle vibe of both the crew and the passengers. It's not stuffy, it's not trashy, it's just a nice, comfortable in between. Everyone is there to have a good time. [emoji4]

Tell your boss that you aren't his travel agent and point him to the NCL web site. :D

Ha! I know that wouldn't work for MY boss! Lol! I book all his trips, do his research, print out options for him.. Basically I AM his TA. In fact, I have to plan out a ski weekend right now.. It's ok, I'd rather get paid to do that than what I'm supposed to be doing..

Ha! I know that wouldn't work for MY boss! Lol! I book all his trips, do his research, print out options for him.. Basically I AM his TA. In fact, I have to plan out a ski weekend right now.. It's ok, I'd rather get paid to do that than what I'm supposed to be doing..

I sure hope you booked your boss in the Haven or a suite. It sounds like he is high maintenance.

Amen!!! :D