Any Word out about Victory Drydock for March?

zumbaqueen1

We are going on our first cruise at the end of November on this ship. Since we are new to cruises, we don't have anything to judge it against, so I'm sure it's going to be awesome!:D

You won't miss anything!

Renovations completed during dry-dock: 3/21/15-4/04/15

• Routine hotel maintenance
  • Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work in lounges and public areas
  • Alchemy Bar – located Deck 5 aft (replaced Caspian Wine Bar)
  • SkyBox Sports Bar – located on Deck 5 midship (replaced Aegean Sports Bar)

In the end will she get all the 2.0 upgrades?

Sounding like no! [emoji20]

Frustrating - since they made such a big deal about 2.0 - fleet wide which is now not happening.

Guessing since we aren't hearing much....that means they aren't changing much. If they were rolling out big changes I'm pretty sure JH would be all over it!

Seems that this dry dock will be underwhelming - a cosmetic face lift. No Guys, Blue Iguana or Red Frog....I hear maybe the Alchemy Bar - but nothing confirmed yet.

Edited by happy cruzin

This is actually kinda reassuring. Remember that Victory, Triumph and Destiny (nee Sunshine) are all the same class and Sunshine's upgrade was *not* an unqualified success. Excessive noise in the statrooms, unusual crowding at certain times and places and "The Smell".

I love Victory and even my shin barks from the "attack seahorses" are a pleasant memory. Her decor is darker and more formal than many other Destiny and Conquest-class ships, which I personally find appealing. I think a general refresher that still retains her character is a Good Thing. It wouldn't have hurt my feelings if they shoehorned a Red Frog Pub onto the Lido deck, but it's not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination.

This is actually kinda reassuring. Remember that Victory, Triumph and Destiny (nee Sunshine) are all the same class and Sunshine's upgrade was *not* an unqualified success. Excessive noise in the statrooms, unusual crowding at certain times and places and "The Smell".

I love Victory and even my shin barks from the "attack seahorses" are a pleasant memory. Her decor is darker and more formal than many other Destiny and Conquest-class ships, which I personally find appealing. I think a general refresher that still retains her character is a Good Thing. It wouldn't have hurt my feelings if they shoehorned a Red Frog Pub onto the Lido deck, but it's not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination.

I loved the way the Sunshine turned out! We had a room on deck six above the Liquid Lounge, it it was loud and sucked, but it was only a two night cruise. We have two cruises booked on the Sunshine this year. We had no smell when we were on a year ago this week. We did not think the shop felt crowded at all.

Yes every time I bash into a seahorse I curse then smile...See you soon Victory!

It sounds a little like Carnival is rebranding their branding. For example, Skybox Sports Bar instead on an EA Sports Bar.

Having experienced Skybox, Alchemy, and Red Frog now, I am definitely a believer. Very well done spaces on the Miracle. Skybox is the best sports bar I have seen on any ship and line.

I just spoke to Carnival, the Victory is just finishing dry dock, the improvements include carpet and re-doing a few of the bars. Decor is changind as well. 3.0 upgrade is not part of this. So no Guys or Blue Iguana yet.

We were just on Pride, end of Feb, and experienced Guy's for 1st time. WOW, best burger I've ever had,blew me away. DH, sister, and I,ate dinner at Guy's 3 times during the week.

Does anyone know what states, if any, Guy's has a land based restaurant?

Five Guys, doesn't hold a candle to Guy's, in my opinion.

So disappointed to hear that Victory won't have a Guy's, when I sail her in August. Drat!!

We were reluctant to book a girls' cruise on an older ship but those are the only days that work for us. Well, now that I have read all of the posts about the dry dock I'm so excited :)

Edited by ninneman

Booked this cruise in the fall not aware that Victory was scheduled for dry dock. So at the time we were aware of the older ship and did not expect much. We were just excited about having the larger balcony. After we found out about the dry dock schedule we were excited that we would be the first to sail right after the dry dock. We boarded Saturday April 4th and had Aft Cabin 8430 which is the larger balcony. When we entered the room we were shocked to still see the old pink bathroom with mold in the grout, old TV, worn out carpet, etc. Found out from the crew that the only renovation was the Alchemy Bar ( sorry about the spelling if wrong), some newer carpet in a few locations, some newer tv's in some cabins. The crew also told us that the ship is not scheduled for another dry dock for one to two years. Shame on Carnival for cutting back on dry dock time and not updating which is badly needed. The only saving grace was the larger aft balcony which we spent much needed time on. Still had a fun time, the food, pizza and the shows were great. Now that you know that the ship was not renovated there won't be any bad surprises. Enjoy.

We were on the 4/4 sailing in balcony cabin 1064 on Panorama. I was hoping for a new bathroom, but honestly, ours was just fine. It looked like the floor tiles had been quickly repaired, but not an issue. Carpet in the cabin looked fine, and we were pleased with how everything looked. Sure, it wasn't pristine, but everything was clean and worked as it should. There were 5 of us in there, and while not ideal it worked for us. Loved the balcony. I've been having breathing issues which required renting a manual wheelchair. We put it out folded up on the balcony and still had room out there. The overall ship condition looked great to us. Bed and linens were comfy. My 8-year-old daughter had the trundle bed and proclaimed it comfy as well. It stuck out in the room, but we made it work (and saved $$). Crew members were excellent. Loved our cabin steward Hery.

I would sail on Victory again during a less peak time.