tendered ports

aqua

NONE OF THE BALTIC PORTS ARE TENDER YOU DOCK IN THEM ALL ,DON'T KNOW ABOUT LE HAVRE THOUGH

Jim

Norwegian Dream April 2003

soon to be on board .Thats the life

constellation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

I'd be surprised if anyone tendered at Le Havre. This is a deep water port that was used by many ocean liners including the France (now Norway) and the QE2. If they could dock in Le Havre, so much more can all modern cruise ships!

(That said, I suppose there may be no end to some lines' penny-pinching.)

Thanks everyone! I found out the Constellation dock for Stockholm is Frihamnen. I sure hope this is not tendered, as we have an 11AM flight to Paris. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

hermelinda A tendered port is one where the ship anchors somewhere in the harbor and people are taken to port in small boats - sometimes the ship's lifeboats - known as tenders. Untendered ports are those in which the ship docks at the pier and people simply walk off the ship.

In the Baltic itself, no port uses tenders. (They're fairly common in the Caribbean.)

Happy sailing!

Joanie

At a tendered port, the ship doesn't dock, but anchors a ways out. Small boats (referred to as tenders) ferry passengers to and from shore. It is less convenient than when your ship docks and you can just stroll on and off.

The Grand Princess anchors in Nynanshamn, Sweeden, and tenders are required. Nynanshamn is about one hour from Stockholm.

Carnival-Holiday- 1985

Carnival - Celebration - 1986

Star Princes - 1992

Carnival Victory - 1998

Carnival Triumph - 1999

Grandeur of the Seas - 05/2001

Explorer of the Seas - 11/2001

Grand Princess - 10/2002,

Carnival Spirit - 12/2003

GRAND PRINCESS-BALTIC - 05/19/2004

In other places I had seen both that the Grand will require tenders at Nynashamn and that she will have no tender ports in the Baltics. I just called Princess to confirm and sadly, we will tender in Nynashamn. I hope there is not too much delay getting off to take the train to Stockholm.

icon_smile.gif PLEEEEZE - those of you on the early Grand sailings, come back to this board & share your experiences with those of us cruising later.

Julie

Deuteronomy 4:29

<')))><

Grand Princess 8/17/04 Baltic B2B with 8/27/04 Transatlantic & 11/27/04 Western Caribbean

The 7/3/04 Constellation cruise docks at Frihamen 638 per Stockholm Ports There is a link to a map of the port where you can see the actual dock - the correct map is "Northern Port district". The dock is right at the shore, so a tender would not be required.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aqua:

Thanks everyone! I found out the Constellation dock for Stockholm is Frihamnen. I sure hope this is not tendered, as we have an 11AM flight to Paris. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Julie,

Will let you know about the time in took to tender into Nynashamn and the train into Stockholm. Several of us will be touring on our own and will share our experiences. 3 weeks from today we will be boarding the Grand in Copenhagen. Yeah!

Judy

Carnival-Holiday- 1985

Carnival - Celebration - 1986

Star Princes - 1992

Carnival Victory - 1998

Carnival Triumph - 1999

Grandeur of the Seas - 05/2001

Explorer of the Seas - 11/2001

Grand Princess - 10/2002,

Carnival Spirit - 12/2003

GRAND PRINCESS-BALTIC - 05/19/2004

You didn't mention the date, but Issume June 4th. Stockholm Port Site indicates that REGATTA arrives 04/06/14, 09:00 departs 04/06/16 (That's June 4th), 16:00, Berth FRIHAMNEN 650. Then again REGATTA arrival 04/07/12, 09:00, Departure 04/07/14, 16:00, berth FRIHAMNEN 638, again REGATTA 04/08/09, 09:00 04/08/11, 16:00 FRIHAMNEN 638.

Oddly, the Northern Port District map doesn't show berth 650 (it jumps from 638 to 654), but there is a note that reads "ports 652-650 is a permanent ro-ro berth in angle between quays 4 and 5. Quays 4 & 5 are shown, beside a container terminal.

It is "Distance to city center: 3 km, 10 minutes by taxi or 20 minutes by bus lines 1, 72 and 76", according to Stockholm Cruise website.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joan24:

Celem,

Our ship, the Regatta, is docking at Frehamnen 650. Do you know how far this is from town? It was previously listed as being at Baltic Terminal. Thanks for any information.

Joan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No tender in Stockholm - see Post above:

NC Dream uses the following:

NORWEGIAN DREAM 04/05/21, 08:00 04/05/21, 16:30 FRIHAMNEN 638

NORWEGIAN DREAM 04/06/02, 08:00 04/06/02, 16:30 STADSGÃ…RDEN 160

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toots:

Does anyone know if the NCL Dream uses tenders in Baltic ports? How about in Stockholm?

Thanks,

Brigitte<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived