Restaurants / Food near SpringHill Suites in FLL

My4cowboys

I have made reservations for my family to stay at the Springhill Suites the night before our cruise departure. We are flying from the west coast, so will be arriving late (around 8 pm) and will be hungry. What are our best options for non-fast food? Should we plan on grabbing food at the airport? Check in and then take a taxi to a restaurant that is open late? We don't need anything fancy, no picky eaters, and would want something in the $10-15 per entree range. We will be arriving on a Saturday night if that makes a difference. Thanks!

If this is the one just off Stirling Rd (Southwest 18th Ct??), you have a lot of choices! Right across the street (Stirling) is Oakwood Plaza. There are several places to eat including my favorite Millers Ale House. Also Moonlite Diner and Dave and Busters. There is a Chipotle on the same side of Stirling as the hotel. There's also a Kmart if you need to pick up anything.

Good luck

ML

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Spring Hill and it was lovely.

As the previous poster stated, Chipolte is on the same side of the street, but the mall is difficult to walk to as one has to cross a busy highway. Hollywood Ale House (aka Millers) is quite a distance to the rear of the mall, so if you're not use to walking, it's a long walk. I might suggest asking them if the shuttle is available to take you, otherwise get a cab.

I stayed at the Spring Hill and it was lovely.

As the previous poster stated, Chipolte is on the same side of the street, but the mall is difficult to walk to as one has to cross a busy highway. Hollywood Ale House (aka Millers) is quite a distance to the rear of the mall, so if you're not use to walking, it's a long walk. I might suggest asking them if the shuttle is available to take you, otherwise get a cab.

Yes, PLEASE don't cross the roads down here if you aren't in a crosswalk and sometimes even then don't. It seems like every day there is a gruesome story on the news about someone getting run over on the streets here.

Never assume the cars will stop for you.

I have made reservations for my family to stay at the Springhill Suites the night before our cruise departure. We are flying from the west coast, so will be arriving late (around 8 pm) and will be hungry. What are our best options for non-fast food? Should we plan on grabbing food at the airport? Check in and then take a taxi to a restaurant that is open late? We don't need anything fancy, no picky eaters, and would want something in the $10-15 per entree range. We will be arriving on a Saturday night if that makes a difference. Thanks!

I would check-in and grab a taxi to Dave and Busters (about 3/4 mile away). It is walkable, but I would not do it at that time of night.

Yes, PLEASE don't cross the roads down here if you aren't in a crosswalk and sometimes even then don't. It seems like every day there is a gruesome story on the news about someone getting run over on the streets here.

Never assume the cars will stop for you.

I second that. I crossed 17th Street where there wasn't a crosswalk, and that was an adventure (especially when I realized that I was too close to a "turnaround" -- if that's what you call it). Obviously I lived to tell the tale, but it was pretty hairy. I used the crosswalk after that (where the "walk" sign is lit for maybe 5 seconds).