Ships in Ephesus

We will be traveling on Rhapsody of the Seas in October and will be in Ephesus on October 7th. Is there a website that can tell me which other ships will be in port the same day we are. Our roll call is very very small and I would like to do a private group tour.

Teresa

Not sure where to find that info, but it really is not too relevant since Kusadasi handles more then 1,000 ships a year and does a great job. If you want a private tour (which we strongly recommend for a first time visitor) there are several excellent local tour companies (oft recommended on this board) such as Ekol, Epheses Deluxe, etc. All the good companies have web sites and you can arrange for your desired tour far in advance of your trip.

We do not recommend waiting until you arrive (even if you are the only ship) and just hoping there will be good guides/tours just waiting at the pier. Yes, there will be some guides looking for business, but most of the best ones work for the top companies and will already be booked. Also keep in mind that there is a lot more to Kusadasi then cruise ships. Many tour groups come from all over the world (especially Europe) via planes, buses, etc.

Hank

Hank, thanks for the information.

What I would like to do is book a private tour with Ephesus Deluxe, they are highly rated on Trip Advisor and here on CC. They offer better rates if you have a group than doing the tour with just my husband and I. But our Roll Call is very small (only 24 post) and I have had no interest. I was hoping to post something on the Roll Calls for others ships that would be in port the same day we are. I just need to find out which ships will be in port on October 7, 5015

According to CruiseTT, Oceania Nautica will also be in port in Kusadasi on October 7, 2015. However, it is scheduled to arrive one hour later and leave one hour later than Rhapsody of the Seas, so this will probably make it difficult for passengers from both ships to share tours. Also, Nautica is a very small ship with fewer than 700 passengers.

October is still a long way off. Many people who will eventually join your roll call and be interested in forming groups for private tours probably haven't even booked the cruise yet! I think your roll call will become more active towards the end of the summer, and that will still leave you plenty of time to organize your tours.

Check out Ephesus Shuttle. Google for website. They have tours that you can sign up for and they add more people as they get them. You don't have to form "a group". These aren't big tour groups maybe 16-20 but I have seen posts where people said there were only 2 or 3 couples on the tour. Might be worth a try. We have used them twice and they are excellent. Get great reviews here on CC.

Hope this helps.

<<<Karen>>>

Yes, more people would join the roll call later.

The port of Kusadasi was cool. Ephesus ancient city is a definite must-see!

I put up a detailed review of our day in Kusadasi (with videos), in case you are interested.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2015/01/ephesus-ancient-city-port-of-kusadasi.html

Hank, thanks for the information.

What I would like to do is book a private tour with Ephesus Deluxe, they are highly rated on Trip Advisor and here on CC. They offer better rates if you have a group than doing the tour with just my husband and I. But our Roll Call is very small (only 24 post) and I have had no interest. I was hoping to post something on the Roll Calls for others ships that would be in port the same day we are. I just need to find out which ships will be in port on October 7, 5015

Email Ephesus Deluxe and tell them you will like to join whatever tour group they have for said date/time. If they have a private group already set up or getting organized, I doubt they would mind having two more added to theirs. It is a different approach that may work. Just a thought.

By the way, my husband is on a wheelchair and we did Ephesus on our own. There were tons of taxis waiting outside and for $25/pp one took us to Virgin Mary's House (waited), then on to Ephesus (waited) where we just hired a guide by the entrance for two hours ($50). The guide was a local retired teacher, excellent English, very knowledgeable. The taxi driver took us back to the ship 4-5 hours; great value, hassle-free. So, we did a great private visit for a bit over $100 for two people.

Edited by Olivares