Chance of price drop?

janecambridge

If a reduction is announced outside of the 90-day period you can call and ask for the reduction. If it's inside 90-days any reductions usually specify that they apply only to new bookings.

Without knowing which voyage - and the historical demand - it's impossible to even speculate if prices are likely to drop.

I don't think they offer the Grills under the reduced fares any more, i.e. Early saver or Saver fares. But they used to do under the old Getaway fares. (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

Cunard are offering some OBC at the moment for Cunard Fares until 28th February.

If a reduction is announced outside of the 90-day period you can call and ask for the reduction. If it's inside 90-days any reductions usually specify that they apply only to new bookings.

Without knowing which voyage - and the historical demand - it's impossible to even speculate if prices are likely to drop.

I'm not sure you can do that in the UK like you can in the US, without losing your deposit.

Nope. The Getaway fares were terrific but Cunard seem to be working very hard to avoid discounting the Grills. I've not even seen one advertised as a Saver fare. However, they sometime offer a ridiculous amount of OBC if you get the timing right - our last QV trip in November gave us half the fare back as OBC.

It's impossible to guess if a price will go up or down. My experience of looking for May and October/November this year is that prices are high, OBC is stingy and availability is somewhat limited. Some voyages only have Q1 or Q2 left and it will still cost you a kidney to book.

Thanks.

We were going to the cruise show today to try and get a discount,but unable to go now.

It looks like there are OBC deals,but not very good ones.We do have carnival shares which will give us £30 on a short cruise!!!

Chunky...It's Victoria in November that I am looking at.We would like to give a Grill suite a try before thinking of booking one on a longer cruise.So maybe,just maybe,the deals for November you had last year,will return.....

Happy Cruising everyone.:)