Noordam Observation Deck

BostonStrong15

I'm looking at 2 different deck plans online for the Noordam and am seeing conflicting info. Does the Observation Deck have any staterooms? One plan is showing no staterooms, and states "no staterooms on this deck" and the other is showing rooms. My husband and I have been on the Westerdam and Zuiderdam and we like to find an quite area to sit in the sun away from the pool. On both the Zuiderdam and Westerdam there were many lounge chairs available on the Observation Decks and many people enjoying the quiet are away from pool. One Noordam plan that I am looking at shows rooms in the area that would most likely be used for sitting in the sun. Am I missing something or looking at the deck plan incorrectly?

Also if there are rooms on this deck does anyone know if there is also a designated area for sunbathing on this deck other than the Cabana area?

Thanks!

On the Observation Deck where the Crow's Nest is located, they have added cabins there. On this deck they took away the big wooden chairs, etc. to add these cabins.

On the Sports Deck right above those cabins, they added the Retreat Cabanas. At the very front of the ship on this deck is a section called "Observation Deck" which confuses people. I do not know if there are lounge chairs there or not. I was not able to walk the stairs to get up to that area to check it out.

Zuiderdam will be headed to dry dock in March/April in Europe to have those cabins and Retreat area added.

Also if there are rooms on this deck does anyone know if there is also a designated area for sunbathing on this deck other than the Cabana area?

This is the current plan for the Observation Deck:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=no_2&deck=o&deep=0

On top of the Crow's Nest there are many free loungers forward of the paid Retreat area (although this diagram does not show them) in the space mis-labeled Observation Deck:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/main/DeckPlansFull.action?ship=no_2&deck=s&deep=0

Edited by catl331

Thank you all for the information. We would always sit in the area where the added cabins are now located and found this to be perfect for us.

Glad there is still some space up there with chairs that we are allowed to use as we would rather sit away from the pool area where it is quiet. We do not want to encroach or be too close to the Cabana area. We do respect those wishing privacy who have rented Cabanas.