Check in time?

freanesi

Hello all. First time with HAL. Not cruising until August from Barcelona, but I have a question.

When do I find out what time we can check in and board?

We are on the Zuiderdam and the ship does not leave Barcelona until the following evening. I am obviously a little excited to say the least!!! - and am trying to plan our stay in Barcelona to gain as much sight seeing as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to say thank you to the HAL CC members who take the time and effort to answer all of our questions. I also love the halfacts.com site. It has been a veritable mine of information for me, saving me asking trivial questions.

Thank you all.:)

Usually you can check in about 10 am and board about 11 am. HAL will send you information on this closer to sailing.

In our 1st trip to Barcelona, which is now one of our favorite cities, we used the Hop On Hop Off buses for the 2 days we were there and had a great tour of the city and surrounding area on the multiple routes and the bus had great commentary. Did all the routes 1st to get an overview, then repeated some and hopped off where we wanted. Loved being able to get off and wander, then hop back on. If you want to visit the inside of the Gaudi cathedral, recommend you buy the tickets ahead of time on-line as the lines will wrap around the block even before the cathedral opens.

We are cruising in Sept and departing from Venice. The schedule is for a 9:00 p.m. departure. When do we have to be on board? When will the safety drill take place? We have never had such a late departure before. Thanks.
Most likely the drill be about 8:15. However, I read a post recently that said their cruise held two drills - one in late afternoon for those who were on board at that time, and a later one for those who missed the early one. Edited by jtl513