Upgrade question - 30 days out

SoFlaGuy

We are booked on the Getaway for the second time middle of March. We have a group that booked two balcony rooms (category BC) and a Spa room (B9) that we wanted due to the spa access, which we really liked last time and really use. (And not just because the kids can come in and find us.) We decided that this was better than purchasing a balcony room and two spa passes for multiple reasons, including cost.

Of course, what happened is that after our final payment was paid, the prices went down. Our TA was able to get NCL to upgrade the balcony rooms to mid-ship balcony (BA) and offered us an upgrade from our spa balcony to a guarantee mini-suite.

Our issue is we really want the spa access. The guarantee mini suite may have a nicer bathroom, but we would have to pay $400 for spa access.

So far NCL has not offered to upgrade us to a spa suite, which is the upgrade that makes sense for us.

Does this seem reasonable? Has anyone gotten an upgrade from a spa balcony to a spa suite balcony? Appreciate the responses.

How much did you pay for your Spa Balcony (B9)? The Spa Suites (H9) are currently priced at $2599 for the Getwaway March 14th sailing, so that seems like a reach for a free upgrade… (The highest price I see for the B9 was $1899, but I hope you didn't pay anywhere near that much :eek:)

There are also Spa Mini-suites (M9), currently selling for $1399. That is $250 more than the MX that they are offering you, but depending on the fare you originally paid, they might be willing to give you that (or make you an upsell offer).

How much did you pay for your Spa Balcony (B9)? The Spa Suites (H9) are currently priced at $2599 for the Getwaway March 14th sailing, so that seems like a reach for a free upgrade… (The highest price I see for the B9 was $1899, but I hope you didn't pay anywhere near that much :eek:)

There are also Spa Mini-suites (M9), currently selling for $1399. That is $250 more than the MX that they are offering you, but depending on the fare you originally paid, they might be willing to give you that (or make you an upsell offer).

We paid less than 1399, and actually,, the prices have not dropped that much since we booked. (They actually went back up a little, but are still below what we paid.)

I didn't realize the offering to pay for an upgrade was an option. I will make sure our TS inquires. Now that I look at it, based upon the prices we paid, I'm really not worried too much about this. Thanks for the reality check and advice.

We are booked on the Getaway for the second time middle of March. We have a group that booked two balcony rooms (category BC) and a Spa room (B9) that we wanted due to the spa access, which we really liked last time and really use. (And not just because the kids can come in and find us.) We decided that this was better than purchasing a balcony room and two spa passes for multiple reasons, including cost.

Of course, what happened is that after our final payment was paid, the prices went down. Our TA was able to get NCL to upgrade the balcony rooms to mid-ship balcony (BA) and offered us an upgrade from our spa balcony to a guarantee mini-suite.

Our issue is we really want the spa access. The guarantee mini suite may have a nicer bathroom, but we would have to pay $400 for spa access.

So far NCL has not offered to upgrade us to a spa suite, which is the upgrade that makes sense for us.

Does this seem reasonable? Has anyone gotten an upgrade from a spa balcony to a spa suite balcony? Appreciate the responses.

IMO it is not a reasonable request, and would not think that you would get it.

We are booked for end of March. Paid full for weeks. I called NCL last week and asked for a possible cheap upgrade as prices have come down. We were offered a free upgrade forms mini suite or for $100 a spa mini suite. We opted for just the regular mini suite. Maybe call NCL directly, nothing lost by asking.

We are booked for end of March. Paid full for weeks. I called NCL last week and asked for a possible cheap upgrade as prices have come down. We were offered a free upgrade forms mini suite or for $100 a spa mini suite. We opted for just the regular mini suite. Maybe call NCL directly, nothing lost by asking.

I thought the protocol when you had a TA was to go through the TA? I had heard that NCL wouldn't deal with me directly as we booked through a TA.

To be honest, I am fine with the room where we are in, although the bigger shower would be welcome. At 6'2'' 225lb, it gets a little tight in there.

I thought the protocol when you had a TA was to go through the TA? I had heard that NCL wouldn't deal with me directly as we booked through a TA.

To be honest, I am fine with the room where we are in, although the bigger shower would be welcome. At 6'2'' 225lb, it gets a little tight in there.

Yes, your TA needs to do it for you.