When is the best time to book??

sugarplum2

Just got back from an epic time on Epic and keen to book a cruise for next January.

we want to try Escape. At the moment there is the offer on if you book before end Feb. with oceanview or above you get free on board credit, beverage package etc.

Is it wise to book this far in advance or are better offers likely to come up if we leave it closer to sail time??

I'd be grateful for any advice from more experienced cruisers!!

In my experience it is best to book as early as possible and then watch for price drops as if the prices drop before final payment, you can get the reservation cancelled and rebooked without any penalty (this strategy requires that one books through US NCL office or US travel agent).

The current promo is probably the best I've used with NCL in 6 years.

Just got back from an epic time on Epic and keen to book a cruise for next January.

we want to try Escape. At the moment there is the offer on if you book before end Feb. with oceanview or above you get free on board credit, beverage package etc.

Is it wise to book this far in advance or are better offers likely to come up if we leave it closer to sail time??

I book as soon as I am sure what I want.......BTW I check on the special offers and it seems for drink package and dining are on cruises until april 2015 I think

BTW I check on the special offers and it seems for drink package and dining are on cruises until april 2015 I think

Where does that April 2015 come from?

The current promo in US (Freestyle Choice Plus) is active until the end of the month (Feb 28) and is valid for all cruises published so far - we have booked several cabins for our cruise in Jan 2016 with it - there are people here that have booked even 2017 cruises.

Edited by Demonyte

The current promo in US (Freestyle Choice Plus) is active until the end of the month (Feb 28) and is valid for all cruises published so far - we have booked several cabins for our cruise in Jan 2016 with it - there are people here that have booked even 2017 cruises.

Yep. I have two 2016 cruises booked with the offer. The latest one is next July/August.

I agree with what was said earlier. If you drink a reasonable amount then the current deal, taking the UBP is the best deal I remember seeing from NCL, especially for longer cruises. That's why I've booked next years cruises now.

Call to book a Haven or Suite stateroom category on select Norwegian sailings, and you may be eligible to receive an Ultimate Dining Package, Ultimate Beverage Package for two, and $300 FREE onboard spending. Applies to new reservations only made between 2/1/15 and 2/28/15. Valid only on select fare codes. . Not valid for mini-suite categories. Ultimate beverage option is only available for guests 25 and older on any sailing from 3/1 - 4/15. Please call to book and for more information. Hurry! Sale ends 11:59 pm EST on February 28th!

this was just copied off of ta web site

Call to book a Haven or Suite stateroom category on select Norwegian sailings, and you may be eligible to receive an Ultimate Dining Package, Ultimate Beverage Package for two, and $300 FREE onboard spending. Applies to new reservations only made between 2/1/15 and 2/28/15. Valid only on select fare codes. . Not valid for mini-suite categories. Ultimate beverage option is only available for guests 25 and older on any sailing from 3/1 - 4/15. Please call to book and for more information. Hurry! Sale ends 11:59 pm EST on February 28th!

this was just copied off of ta web site

Those dates (3/1-4/15) refer to UBP blackout dates (during most US schools' spring breaks) when the age limit is 25 instead of regular 21.

All promo info and T&C can be found from NCL's site directly: http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15

NCL is putting RCI to shame with this current promotion. People on RC forum are banging their heads trying to crunch numbers to figure out RCI's current BOGO promo that really isn't.

I didn't hesitate to book my first ever NCL cruise this past week with these amazing offers for the Getaway out of Miami come next December. Booked a Haven penthouse suite with my wife and received all the perks offered at a great price point, great room, and great itinerary.

I was also able to convince my cousin and his family of 4 to book this amazing offer as well. They booked the Haven 2 bedroom family suite for the same date.

Excited to say the least!:D

I would recommend to the OP to book a room sooner than later if you're interested in a specific cruise. You can always upgrade or cancel if it doesn't work out in the end.

I would book now. This is a fantastic promotion and the Escape prices are great right now. The UBP being free is a fantastic deal, and if you have kids or 3 in a room them also being free is the icing on the cake. You can always cancel and rebook under a future deal until final payment if something better comes along. Hopefully you bought a Future Cruise Credit on board. If so that will cover your deposit and you have nothing to lose booking now. If you didnt buy one and are 30 days from your last sailing I believe that you can still do so. Its not quite as good a deal after you get off, but its something.

6&8