Social Media Package

comett

new internet package for social media at $5 / day or $25 / cruise, which is rolling out. here's a link to more info:

Carnival is also piloting new Internet access and plans on Carnival Freedom, Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine – including the cruise industry’s first social media package. With these new choices, consumers are offered a wide range of convenient options as well as increased bandwidth, providing enhanced service and connectivity, all at prices that are significantly lower than previous plans.

With the new social media package, guests can use popular apps or sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Pinterest for a flat fee of $5 per day or $25 per voyage during the initial testing period. Unlike other Internet packages, the social media package is unique in that it allows guests a convenient, flexible and highly affordable option for updating their favorite social media pages during their cruise at one low price.

Guests can also upgrade to a “value” package that includes unlimited access to the Web for checking email, sports scores, weather updates and a wide range of other applications.

There’s also a “premium” package that provides the fastest available connection speed allowing guests to access video calling sites like Skype.

The mobile app and enhanced Internet packages will roll out to additional ships following successful completion of the initial pilot programs. Additional features and functionality are also in development and will be phased in over time.

See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/01/15/carnival-cruise-line-launches-new-shipboard-app-also-piloting-first-ever-social-media-internet-package-providing-access-to-facebook-twitter-and-other-sites-for-flat-fee/#sthash.cuVbnql4.dpuf

This is ONLY available on the Breeze at this time.

actually it's currently on freedom, breeze and sunshine, and will be on ecstasy and sensation within about the next week...

john heald comment from about 4 hrs ago:

More great comments on the internet packages here on Carnival Freedom. Faster, more affordable and the $25 social media package is top of the league.

It's already on Freedom, Breeze and Sunshine next up Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation on or around February 22nd with more ships to follow very soon.

They are in my pic above.

$60 and $99

(per cruise/week)

Your pic above was attached as a thumbnail and can not be read.

Can anyone tell me the difference in the packages? How it works? How fast/slow is it? Hubby has a business he still needs to check in daily and wondering how well these packages will work. :)

Your pic above was attached as a thumbnail and can not be read.

Can anyone tell me the difference in the packages? How it works? How fast/slow is it? Hubby has a business he still needs to check in daily and wondering how well these packages will work. :)

here's some info. BUT, it is NOT on pride yet.

Enhanced Internet Beta-Testing on Carnival Freedom, Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine Carnival is also piloting new Internet access and plans on Carnival Freedom, Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine – including the cruise industry’s first social media package. With these new choices,

consumers are offered a wide range of convenient options as well as increased bandwidth, providing enhanced service and connectivity, all at prices that are significantly lower than previous plans.

With the new social media package, guests can use popular apps or sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Pinterest for a flat fee of $5 per day or $25 per voyage during the initial testing period. Unlike other Internet packages, the social media package is unique in that it allows guests a convenient, flexible and highly affordable option for updating their favorite social media pages during their cruise at one low price.

Guests can also upgrade to a “value” package that includes unlimited access to the Web for checking email, sports scores, weather updates and a wide range of other applications.

There’s also a “premium” package that provides the fastest available connection speed allowing guests to access video calling sites like Skype.

this is what you can expect on pride:

Fleetwide Pricing

• 480 minutes for $159

• 240 minutes for $89

• 120 minutes for $59

• 45 minutes for $29

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/minute

Awesome Falkcor. You rock! :D

i try, thanks ;)

i followed your last review. and i've followed your super smart questions planning this cruise, so i'm here to help. :)

that said, you've got a month to go and carnival is very fluid with stuff like this... i never would have guessed ecstasy and sensation would be the next to implement it (above), but they are as per JH a few hours ago.

but, plan on the fleetwide pricing as noted above :o