Inspiration/Imagination Best cabins/decks

lovevacadays

It has been years since I have cruised Carnival. Both of the above ships seem to do 3 and 7 day cruises out of Long Beach. I typically cruise Princess but Princess does a very limited amount of 3 day cruises to Ensenada.

Any tips on the best ocean view cabins in terms of noise and location?

I'm a little curious about the Junior Suites as well. Although, I saw a couple of pictures and the balconies look pretty small.

Any info you would like to share would be appreciated.

Any specific cabins or decks to avoid?

Thanks

Edited by MichelleinOC

There's a stairwell that'll take you up to the Serenity deck and then to the Lido deck from the Aft area on Empress. Verandah deck has fewer cabins, so less traffic. There's also access to the open deck at the very front of the ship.

Edited by maritaysa

There's a few things that we do no like about the Inspiration and the Imagination. There's no balconies only suites with balconies and very little privacy on the suite balcony. It's pretty much a party hardy ship and you will see lots of drunks on board - at least this was our experience. Hot tub hogs on the Serenity deck. Large groups cruising together take it over and no chance in hell for you to get in. DH and I both decided that we would never cruise on either of these two ships again, in fact, we think they are the two worse ships in the Carnival fleet. I'd choose the Miracle over these two ships.

Actually the Imagination/Inspiration do 3 and 4 day itineraries. The Miracle does the 7 days.

We did a grand suite in October and it was lovely. Great balcony, great location (Upper deck, midship). My parents were on Upper in an OV a bit further aft. Loved it. The Junior suites on Verandah have VERY shallow balconies.

We were on the Imagination last September. While we always get a balcony it was not an option on this ship. We opted for Empress deck Cabin E259 to be exact. It is a handicap room so there is lots of space but the door is automatic and kind of funky. We are not handicapped but it was one of the only aft cabins available. The view out of the window is directly center of the stern so you do get nice views. It was a huge plus that this area of the ship is super quiet. I did love the ease of walking on with our luggage and heading down the hall to our cabin. No long elevator waits for us.