Pools on the Breakaway

SeaCookie94

Are the pools on the breakaway heated on the Feb-May cruises?

You can always tell who the Canadian/Northern clientele is at Disney resorts as they are the ones using the heated pools LOL We know how to rip off the towel, jump in, keep our shoulders under the water, and how to jump out, grab our towel and run to the indoors lickity split!

The pool on the Breakaway is so small I found it really funny. Go on the ship with the mindset there is no pool and you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

I've only sailed Carnival Splendor and Disney Fantasy but each ship had tiny pools. I don't get it ???

I've only sailed Carnival Splendor and Disney Fantasy but each ship had tiny pools. I don't get it ???

having a big 100+ gallon tub at the top of the ship causing some interesting weight distribution problems.

it will be better to have a big deep pool on the lowest deck of the ship but there is no sun up there

I'm a seriousness. If your child is going to swim for a few hours in the pool, which most kids do, there are no chairs for the adults to sit, and watch? I don't understand this set up

There's a sitting/bench area for adults to sit and watch their kids while they're in the pool. Kids cannot be in the pool without an adult present. There is staff watching to make sure an adult is there.

Seriously, the pools at the local YMCA are bigger than those on the BA an have less people (which, is a little bigger than the one on the Carnival Splendor that we also sailed on). For summer & school-break sailings, it has barely standing room for 75 to 100 souls in each of them - it's like a giant bathtub to stay playful "wet" only, just no way to swim in them.

The adult pool has a shallow end with water @3 or 3.5 ft. & a deeper end that's at least 5 ft. or possibly 5.5 ft. and the children/kids only pool obviously is less - but drowning has happened in other with children gone unsupervised and the water simply over their heads. They are no bigger than those on the Dawn/Jewel class ships with far fewer passengers sailing ...

The designs are such that chairs & loungers are around & near the pool BUT not "front row seating" and your line of sights and clear views can and are often obstructed & blocked with folks walking around, and it only takes moment for things to go "bad" while reading a book, listening to music or otherwise enjoying that cool poolside beverage with UBP.

IMG20140323_1642.jpg

I'll make a note to check the pools again this time around when we sail again next month. Regardless of how deep or shallow those water in the pools are, it CAN result in drowning and no diving allowed for safety reasons - the waterline is up to shoulder height with adults standing in one (and, I think NCL don't fully fill up the pool up to the marked "line")

There were chairs set up near the kids pool when we were on board in October. They extended around into the marketplace between the kids pool and adult pool. Also, to either side of the pools there is a protected area with chaise lounges and tables/chairs....Even better, hop in the water or follow them down the water slides....you're on vacation!