Disney VS Haven VS RCI Family Suite? First time with kids.

andriamay

Hello, We are doing a preliminary search for our first cruise with the kids. My first thought/desire would be to do a Disney cruise because of the obvious Disney characters, amenities, etc. The cost is quite a bit more of course. My second choice ship wise would a an RCI cruise because of the dream works and the ships with the carousel would be awesome. I am considering NCL because of the Haven its pretty much the same price as disney.

Here are the logistics of our family- kids current ages 8, 6, and 3. My husband and I have been on RCI - Mariner of the seas in the Mexican Riviera and NCL Getaway Caribbean. We preferred the food on RCI but enjoyed both. Even though the cost is more still leaning towards Disney or RCI not sure on the cost. Contacting a travel agent for more details on pricing,etc. I just wanted some opinions from other families. Thank you for any input you may have.

My son loved the kids club on NCL, but the hours are challenging if your child naps. The NCL kids club is closed from 12-2, and again from 5-7 on sea days. My son naps from 2-4:30, and on a previous HAL cruise with similar kids club hours he would wake up and immediately be sad because he couldn't use the kids club. The Breakaway is in our home port, and we can't sail on it until my son drops his nap since he will be very upset again. We decided to take the chance on a NCL Baltic cruise since there are very few sea days, plus with the time difference we had no idea when my son would nap. Thankfully, it all worked out, and we just pushed our son's nap very late to match the kids club hours on the second sea day. But the kids splash zones are very crowded during the periods the kids club is closed, and there was a really long line to check the kids back in. But I would be hesitant to sail on NCL with a child who naps if there are a lot of sea days.

The suite perks on NCL are amazing, and I think they are still running a special with unlimited specialty dining and beverage package (if you are in a suite, your butler can serve you meals from any restaurant on the ship in your cabin - nice perk with kids). The Haven is a ship within a ship.

Thanks for the input, we of course are paying. I just wasn't super thrilled with NCL food wise and not a big nickelodeon fan. So I am thinking my kids would be more entertained on RCI or Disney...but the Haven is pretty suite we went in with a friend by the peaceful pool, but I cannot imagine being relaxed at that pool with our kids. Doing some research on them all price wise its going to be a big jump for us since we've only ever done a cruise for two. Thanks :).

We've been on the Disney Fantasy twice and love it! Our kids loved the clubs, Nemo splash area and Mickey slide. Your older 2 would probably enjoy the AquaDuck, we did. Also, the entertainment is hands down better than any other line (we've also been on Carnival and RCI but not NCL) IF you like Disney. We are big Disney fans so to us, it was a perfect vacation.

I ended up booking a NCL Escape the ship looks amazing :) and it was 1/3 the cost with ultimate beverage package for everyone so we're super excited. The ship looks great for kids love the splash area and water slides :).