Karaoke Suggestions

goolia719

On our upcoming vacation adventure my friends (group of 10 all in our early 30's) and I have decided to put together a Karaoke Grab Bag, basically songs get put into the bag and we will each reach in and grab one out to do for our song that night. We figured it was a good way to keep it interesting. I wanted to try and get some additional suggestions for songs we should add to the list.

So far we have :

Sweet Home Alabama

Sweet Caroline

Anything Journey (probably don't stop believing)

Wake me up before you Go-Go - Wham

Love Shack - B-52's

You've lost that loving feeling -Righteous Brothers

500 Miles - The Proclaimers

Buddy Holly - Weezer

Living on a prayer - Bon Jovi

Sweet child of mine - Guns and Roses

Wanna Dance With Somebody-- Whitney Houston

My Own Worst Enemy -- Lit

Friends in Low Places -- Garth Brooks

All The Small Things -- Blink 182

Brown eyed girl - Van Morrison

Inside Out - Eve 6

Crazy - Gnarls Barkley

Mr Jones - Counting Crows

Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations

Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind

What are some other suggestions?

On our upcoming vacation adventure my friends (group of 10 all in our early 30's) and I have decided to put together a Karaoke Grab Bag, basically songs get put into the bag and we will each reach in and grab one out to do for our song that night. We figured it was a good way to keep it interesting. I wanted to try and get some additional suggestions for songs we should add to the list.

So far we have :

Sweet Home Alabama

Sweet Caroline

Love Shack - B-52's

Buddy Holly - Weezer

Inside Out - Eve 6

Crazy - Gnarls Barkley

You might have to wait to see what songs they have. They do have a lot but not everything.

So far we have :

Sweet Home Alabama

Sweet Caroline

Love Shack - B-52's

Buddy Holly - Weezer

Inside Out - Eve 6

Crazy - Gnarls Barkley

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield. Nobody ever knows this song by it's title. Some of the words should tell you. (You better stop hey what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down....)

What ship are you all going on? If you really luck out you'll get an Asian DJ named Kim who is extremely funny and he packs the room every night. He is a very proud gay man who will make you laugh all night with the way he plays with it. We went every single night. He was amazing.

Edited by flatman

What ship are you all going on? If you really luck out you'll get an Asian DJ named Kim who is extremely funny and he packs the room every night. He is a very proud gay man who will make you laugh all night with the way he plays with it. We went every single night. He was amazing.

What ship was he on in the past?

We are going on the Dream in April (and June) and a friend of ours is coming who is always hugely popular at Karaoke. He will spend tons of time doing karaoke and everyone on the ship will know him by name by the 2nd night, I promise. He, too, is a proud gay man. :D

On The Breeze last month ,they only attempted Karoake 1-2 nights , for a very short time. 15-30 min's each time , Only 5 - 10 people in the lounge , most left after a song or 2 . It is also the comedy club , so either comedy started ,so after , of the TV came on for sports . There was no Legend;s show

We were on the Liberty in April 2014 and had Kim the Karaoke Master. He was far and away the best entertainer on the entire ship. Does anyone know where he is now? We will be on the Conquest April 18th.

Since Carnival has seen fit to do away with the dedicated Karaoke Host/Hostesses, I'm afraid that Kim is long gone. I too, sailed with him a number of times, and always had a blast. He not only is an excellent entertainer in his own rite, but also knows how to run a karaoke session.

Sure wish Carnival would take a second look at that decision. I, personally, have had to "train" the last two karaoke hosts on how to operate the karaoke machines, and run a karaoke session. Sad, but true. :confused:"

"SKY"

If the KJ is using a digital system you are at "it's" mercy for what songs are available. When we were on the Breeze in December that was the type of system used. Also, the songbooks were in bad shape and not all of them were complete. If it is a digital system ask the KJ for the song you want to sing and it just may be programmed in the system even thought it was not listed in the book (i.e. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad - Meatloaf. Not in the book but in their system).

A great group song and one we have fun with is "Time Warp" from Rocky Horror. Try and encourage the audience to get up and do it with you....."It's just a JUMP to the left..."

You can always make a CD-G "disc" of your favorite songs (I think the Sound Choice label still offers this service) and if the KJ is using that type of system you will be in luck. If you ask nicely most KJ's will be happy to play your disc for you to sing to. Problem is that there are so many more digital systems out there then analog as the digital systems are easier to transport, set up, no risk of scratching a disc, etc.

However, whatever you find out there - have fun!

This is such a fun idea! I totally wish I was cruising with your group, sounds like so much fun!

Here are a couple of suggestions that I think I've seen onboard:

Single Ladies - Beyonce (everyone loves to try to do the dance)

Total Eclipse of the Heart/Holding Out for a Hero - Bonnie Tyler (everyone loves an '80s power ballad!)

Also, they have a ton of Disney songs! So those are fun, especially if you have kids in the group. Even if you don't, you'll get plenty of people singing along to things like "A Whole New World" or "Circle of Life".

Kim is great you have to love his Prince......

What ship was he on in the past?

We are going on the Dream in April (and June) and a friend of ours is coming who is always hugely popular at Karaoke. He will spend tons of time doing karaoke and everyone on the ship will know him by name by the 2nd night, I promise. He, too, is a proud gay man. :D

He was on the Splendor. He was so funny even the Cruise Director went to see him every night we were there.

Carnival does something they call "the legend Show," and they take the top 5 or 6 singers thru the week and have them in the main show in the auditorium dressed up like some famous singers like "Elvis" etc. and have them perform for everybody. We had our roll call group one time where the husband asked everyone to go and cheer for his wife so she could make it to the "Legend" show. She showed up at the very end of the first night and sang a Whitney Houston song and she was so good she got a standing ovation. Then we were sure she was going to be in the final show, but this woman was so good she WAS the show and again a standing ovation.

I was looking forward to Karaoke on the Breeze late June. My son was going to sign while I sang. Was actually hoping someone would post songs from the play list so we could practice.

Now it sounds like the Breeze and Karaoke aren't a good mix. Books in bad shape, no DJ to run the show. And I'm sure since it's summer our ship will be full.

Please tell me the Karaoke isn't really as bad as some of you are making it sound. :(

He was on the Splendor. He was so funny even the Cruise Director went to see him every night we were there.

Carnival does something they call "the legend Show," and they take the top 5 or 6 singers thru the week and have them in the main show in the auditorium dressed up like some famous singers like "Elvis" etc. and have them perform for everybody. We had our roll call group one time where the husband asked everyone to go and cheer for his wife so she could make it to the "Legend" show. She showed up at the very end of the first night and sang a Whitney Houston song and she was so good she got a standing ovation. Then we were sure she was going to be in the final show, but this woman was so good she WAS the show and again a standing ovation.

They no longer do the Legends show , 3 cruises in the last 1.5 years No show , Dream ,Magic ,Breeze