Checking-in online with kids question

TripleU

This is my first time cruising with my kids. As you know, when I complete the online check-in, it asks for a credit card for the SeaPass card. It asks who on the reservation is authorized to charge on the card. I obviously do not want my 5yos to be able to charge, but I'm concerned that not checking their names will mean we have to set up a cash account for them, which could delay disembarking (and we have a VERY tight flight and must get off the ship ASAP without delay). Question - do I check their names now and allow them access and then go to guests services on board to disable their cards OR do I not check their names now? What happens if I don't check their names?

TIA for your help!

Edited by TripleU

A five-year-old has no reason to carry their own seapass card - they will not be wandering the ship alone ever. For an older child/teenager, you can inactive their cards or put a cash limit on them OR make them understand that any charges over $XXXX will be their own responsibility (you can check charges every night), depending on how much you feel you can trust them.

I simply don't check their names and that's it. No cash account. No debarkation delays. No charging privileges. They get a SeaPass that works as a key and that's it. It doesn't change check in or out in anyway. And my girls are teens. They have the soda package marked on their cards and they do just fine. They have never needed to spend money on board.

I simply don't check their names and that's it. No cash account. No debarkation delays. No charging privileges. They get a SeaPass that works as a key and that's it. It doesn't change check in or out in anyway. And my girls are teens. They have the soda package marked on their cards and they do just fine. They have never needed to spend money on board.

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I have no intentions of allowing them to charge anything, I just wanted to be sure there wouldn't be any delays in any way.

We just got back from a cruise on IOS with 2 kids. We left the boxes unchecked on the online check-in. When we were at the port, the agent confirmed that we didn't want them to be able to charge to their seapasses. That was that!