Angled Balcony on Getaway

nfglory1

Decided to switch from my midship balcony on deck 9 above the Waterfront to a family balcony on deck 12 forward. Actually think I got one of those "secret" balconies that have the angle and the extra balcony room! It's a forward facing angle so hopefully the wind isn't too bad. Anyone notice the elevator noise when their room is near them? Ruthlessboss can be happy that I finally made a decision. :D Excited about my upcoming cruise in May. I'll be sure to write a detailed review and hopefully be able to answer any questions anyone else has at that point. Until then...the countdown begins!

Edited by nfglory1

Our angled on Getaway was right by the rear elevator bank. We never noticed any elevator noise. We did sometimes have noise from people hollering while running up and down the stairs, but I figure you'll have some of that in halls even if you aren't by stairs. It doesn't bother us.

Thanks for the input! I was really surprised to see an angled balcony still available as today is final payment day. I'm guessing because it's forward facing and a forward balcony and not entirely known about. I'll kindly take it though and the extra balcony space! Hopefully I'm not one of the ones hollering down the hallway!!

decided to switch from my midship balcony on deck 9 above the waterfront to a family balcony on deck 12 forward. Actually think i got one of those "secret" balconies that have the angle and the extra balcony room! It's a forward facing angle so hopefully the wind isn't too bad. Anyone notice the elevator noise when their room is near them? Ruthlessboss can be happy that i finally made a decision. :d excited about my upcoming cruise in may. I'll be sure to write a detailed review and hopefully be able to answer any questions anyone else has at that point. Until then...the countdown begins!

yay!! :d

• 1 month later...
Decided to switch from my midship balcony on deck 9 above the Waterfront to a family balcony on deck 12 forward. Actually think I got one of those "secret" balconies that have the angle and the extra balcony room! It's a forward facing angle so hopefully the wind isn't too bad. Anyone notice the elevator noise when their room is near them? Ruthlessboss can be happy that I finally made a decision. :D Excited about my upcoming cruise in May. I'll be sure to write a detailed review and hopefully be able to answer any questions anyone else has at that point. Until then...the countdown begins!

Hi! I just booked one too on deck 12 and I'm curious to know the same. If you could come back and update this post when you get back from your cruise, I'd really appreciate hearing your thoughts on it. :) I first sailed the Getaway last July and LOVED the ship, crew and food! What a great week that was! I hope you have the same experience! :D

Thanks,

Mimi

Edited by ChiMimi69

Husband and I had one of the forward facing angled balconies on the Breakaway in January 2014 for a 12 day Southern Caribbean. It was wonderful, wind was not an issue and can't say we ever hear any noise from the elevators. ENJOY!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Husband and I had one of the forward facing angled balconies on the Breakaway in January 2014 for a 12 day Southern Caribbean. It was wonderful, wind was not an issue and can't say we ever hear any noise from the elevators. ENJOY!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback PDMom. I think some of us are all just a tiny bit concerned about the noise and foot traffic due to the Splash Academy entrance on deck 12 being right around the corner from these particular rooms. :eek:

Same here. Sailed on the Getaway in cabin 12180. Before the cruise, I was concerned about the wind but it was a total non-issue. No problem with noise from Splash Academy or the elevators either.

To check out pics of the cabin and balcony, see link:

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Getaway%20Cruise%20030814/Cabin%20and%20Towel%20Animals?sort=2&page=1

Thanks for the input! I was really surprised to see an angled balcony still available as today is final payment day. I'm guessing because it's forward facing and a forward balcony and not entirely known about. I'll kindly take it though and the extra balcony space! Hopefully I'm not one of the ones hollering down the hallway!!

Not surprised that you found an angled balcony at this point. Whenever I go into an online site to check out prices etc, they somehow leave out the angled balcony cabins on the list of those to chose from.:rolleyes:

Same here. Sailed on the Getaway in cabin 12180. Before the cruise, I was concerned about the wind but it was a total non-issue. No problem with noise from Splash Academy or the elevators either.

To check out pics of the cabin and balcony, see link:

http://s636.photobucket.com/user/johnql/library/Getaway%20Cruise%20030814/Cabin%20and%20Towel%20Animals?sort=2&page=1

John, we actually have the same cabin and your review is what pushed me to book the room!

Thanks for the confirmation that I made a good choice, 12180 is my exact cabin. Loved the pics posted thanks!!

It is funny how it never showed available on NCL website but always showed on several different TA sites when I was booking it.

Now I just need to figure out if I can see the fireworks from the balcony.

After reading about the "secret" angled balconies, I called NCL to switch from our midship to one of these, and the woman who answered the phone tried to argue with me that all the balconies are the same size and was refusing to move me. I called back and the next woman was more than accommodating and I got an angled one on the Escape. We usually get an aft, but decided to just go with one of these since we are springing for the in-laws cabin and had to cut back somewhere. So glad to read about these here on cruise critic!

I think I have one of those too. on Deck 9 but more towards the front, just behind the Haven cabins. I think mine is angled to the back though so I don't know what that will look like. Cabin 9736 of anyone has experience with that one?

Very curious about this angled balcony!

I think I have one of those too. on Deck 9 but more towards the front, just behind the Haven cabins. I think mine is angled to the back though so I don't know what that will look like. Cabin 9736 of anyone has experience with that one?

I am very curious as to what questions you have about the angled balconies?:D

Hi Beaver1975

My questions are about the location/direction. My balcony is angled to the back so I son't know if that means I will not be able to look forward (being blocked by the protruding Haven cabins) or what the situation will be since it is angled.

Hi Beaver1975

My questions are about the location/direction. My balcony is angled to the back so I son't know if that means I will not be able to look forward (being blocked by the protruding Haven cabins) or what the situation will be since it is angled.

I you lean out over your rail a little (like any other balcony) you will be able to see forward.

I have 8738 in the sailing right before yours and is directly below 9736. I have a picture of the balcony on Breakaway which should be the same. It is pretty deep and covered on about half of it. I am super excited to sail on the Getaway. A Balcony and the UBP.......heaven.

Edited by escentialssoycandles