Dear john Hughes show on escape

Thecat3902

Not even sure if I'll get an answer to this one because Norwegian didn't really know. I am super interested in the dear john Hughes show but it looks like it is set in a supper club. Does anyone know if this will be an up charge show or will it be a free show on the new escape?

Not even sure if I'll get an answer to this one because Norwegian didn't really know. I am super interested in the dear john Hughes show but it looks like it is set in a supper club. Does anyone know if this will be an up charge show or will it be a free show on the new escape?

My understanding is that it will be an up charge dinner show. Last call I was on with NCL mentioned that there would be a charge but it had not been decided yet what that charge would be.

Looking forward to this show as well.

It is a dinner show so there is a fee. Hoping it will be free (on embarkation day) with the Dining Package like the Cirque shows and Illusionarium.

Will be interesting to see if that happens, but I hope so.

Are these dinner shows generally family friendly? I mentioned this to my wife, because she loved all of the John Hughes movies. But she was worried that it would be too adult for our daughter. She will be 6 at the time of our trip. I would assume that they would make these types of shows family friendly, but not sure.

Are these dinner shows generally family friendly? I mentioned this to my wife, because she loved all of the John Hughes movies. But she was worried that it would be too adult for our daughter. She will be 6 at the time of our trip. I would assume that they would make these types of shows family friendly, but not sure.

Would you be ok with your daughter watching the movies from the show? If yes then the show should be fine. If no then I doubt you will consider the show fine. They do not go out of their way to make shows more family friendly for the sake of a few children that might be on board if that is your questions.

6&8

• 1 month later...
Would you be ok with your daughter watching the movies from the show? If yes then the show should be fine. If no then I doubt you will consider the show fine. They do not go out of their way to make shows more family friendly for the sake of a few children that might be on board if that is your questions.

6&8

I can't speak for the other poster, but as a new cruiser to Norwegian I must say I am disappointed to see the three main productions offered don't seem to be family friendly at all. I was hoping to see at least one show that smaller children (6 or older) would like to watch. My kids have seen a lot of theater but I don't think I could take them to any of this and expect them to enjoy it. Maybe I am underestimating them....wish Blue Man Group or the Magic Dinner Show were options or an equivalent.....oh well.

I can't speak for the other poster, but as a new cruiser to Norwegian I must say I am disappointed to see the three main productions offered don't seem to be family friendly at all. I was hoping to see at least one show that smaller children (6 or older) would like to watch. My kids have seen a lot of theater but I don't think I could take them to any of this and expect them to enjoy it. Maybe I am underestimating them....wish Blue Man Group or the Magic Dinner Show were options or an equivalent.....oh well.

From the comments I have read on the subject most people are not at all impressed with the entertainment options on the Escape. The John Hughes show is by far the most appealing, but them making it a $40 dinner show to replace things like Cirque and the Magic show seems to be a mistake IMHO. The other two shows seem to be aimed at an older demographic that seems to contradict the family nature of the Escape.

6&8

From the comments I have read on the subject most people are not at all impressed with the entertainment options on the Escape. The John Hughes show is by far the most appealing, but them making it a $40 dinner show to replace things like Cirque and the Magic show seems to be a mistake IMHO. The other two shows seem to be aimed at an older demographic that seems to contradict the family nature of the Escape.

6&8

I really agree. We just booked yesterday and wanted the Epic (Blue Man Group) but that is in Europe in the summer and then the Getaway (Illusionarium and fireworks) but that is blocked off for the entire month of Aug!) so we are sailing Escape. I have never sailed Norwegian and the price was definately right so I can't really complain but we are use to sailing Disney so I worry a bit what my family and my sister's family will think of the entertainment. At least we will have less crowded times for some of the other activities while others are in the shows I guess......

Edited by emilyann415

The kids had their own shows like Nickelodeon at sea in the theatre. The main shows would have to be aimed at the core target cruisers rather than a few kids.

6&8

Agree I would like to see the John Hughes show, but we refuse to pay extra for food when we have already paid for food in the ticket price. The other 2 shows sound boring. Bummer.:(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

The kids had their own shows like Nickelodeon at sea in the theatre. The main shows would have to be aimed at the core target cruisers rather than a few kids.

This is the second time I've seen a comment like this since researching this cruise on here....Is it really just a FEW kids??? I was under the impression when I spoke with Norwegian it was a really family friendly cruise with lots of kids in the clubs and what not. I would be really disappointed if this ship's attitude is there are only a FEW kids on board.....I am really nervous taking on a new cruise line because of comments like this.....

Edited by emilyann415

This is the second time I've seen a comment like this since researching this cruise on here....Is it really just a FEW kids??? I was under the impression when I spoke with Norwegian it was a really family friendly cruise with lots of kids in the clubs and what not. I would be really disappointed if this ship's attitude is there are only a FEW kids on board.....I am really nervous taking on a new cruise line because of comments like this.....

Outside of school holidays I've never seen large quantities of children onboard. This might be because they have the teen and kids clubs hidden away.

Norwegian's target demographic tends to be the 30-50s .. For example ice bars versus say ballroom dance floors. Loud music around pools etc..

However from those I know who have brought their kids onboard they have nothing but praise, often the kids get dropped off in the morning and never seen again :D

If you are cruising during holiday periods there will be a lot more kids, sponge bob and co come out and they gunge parents on the pool deck..

I lot of people are under the assumption that NCL is particularly family-friendly. I think this came about with all the Kids Sail Free promos they started running to try and compete with Disney and get more folks of all ages on board. It's no longer Kids Sail Free. Now it's Friends & Family Sail Free. ;)

They do take care of kids in the Kids Club and Teen Club but the main pool is really small compared to other cruise lines. And the Escape is going to have a Margaritaville in the Adults Only H2O area and a 5:O'Clock Somewhere Bar on the Waterfront. Also, Vibe is an Adults Only area.

The John Hughes Dinner Show will now cost an additional 18% gratuity for all ages. Well behaved children that don't disturb people that are trying to enjoy the show shouldn't be a problem. :) I'm really looking forward to it!

The kids will have a lot of things to do so don't worry. My daughter loves the Splash Academy so much, she would rather stay there instead of watching the shows with us.

They have a lot of Nickelodeon themed activities as well. Story time with Dora, Meet and Greet etc.

When my daughter was younger we would join the "Pajama Jam Breakfast" (extra fee) to have more interactions with SpongeBob, Patrick, Dora and the whole gang. I think it is worth the extra fee. She'll be 8 yrs old for our Escape cruise so I'm sure we won't be doing that anymore.

I really agree. We just booked yesterday and wanted the Epic (Blue Man Group) but that is in Europe in the summer and then the Getaway (Illusionarium and fireworks) but that is blocked off for the entire month of Aug!) so we are sailing Escape. I have never sailed Norwegian and the price was definately right so I can't really complain but we are use to sailing Disney so I worry a bit what my family and my sister's family will think of the entertainment. At least we will have less crowded times for some of the other activities while others are in the shows I guess......

We usually cruise with Disney and love it but the price had us look around. We decided to try Escape. We are going in with an open mind and remembering the cost difference. Which date are you going, I am bringing 4 kids with us.

The kids will have a lot of things to do so don't worry. My daughter loves the Splash Academy so much, she would rather stay there instead of watching the shows with us.

They have a lot of Nickelodeon themed activities as well. Story time with Dora, Meet and Greet etc.

When my daughter was younger we would join the "Pajama Jam Breakfast" (extra fee) to have more interactions with SpongeBob, Patrick, Dora and the whole gang. I think it is worth the extra fee. She'll be 8 yrs old for our Escape cruise so I'm sure we won't be doing that anymore.

I think I saw you are on 12/12/15 Escape. We are on that one and we have a little girl turning 9 this fall. She would love to know a girl her age will be onboard and playing in the kids club.

I think I saw you are on 12/12/15 Escape. We are on that one and we have a little girl turning 9 this fall. She would love to know a girl her age will be onboard and playing in the kids club.

You should join your cruise's roll call to meet others

That's great. I'm sure the kids are going to have a great time on the Escape.

We have a very active roll call for 12/12/15. Check it out. :)

ROLL CALL

Escape December 12, 2015

Edited by aquarianne11

I would take any and all comments on these boards with a grain of salt and certainly don't let any of them affect your decision to take on a new cruise line. Remember, every comment is one persons opinion. NCL ships have a good balance of adults and children and there are plenty of activities for the kids. I'm pleased to see that Vibe and H20 are adults only because the children are welcome everywhere else on the ship. My only complaint on the Epic was that the 'adults only' in H20 was not enforced at all. Let's hope the Escape has a good balance for everyone.

We have not sailed over holidays, but when sailing off-the-holidays, the number of children we see is pretty low relative to Carnival. Then again, we don't usually (with a few exceptions) cruise during summer, so maybe it picks up over those months.

Bottom line ... bring your kids!! Otherwise, NCL is going to turn into Royal Carribean with a bunch of stuffy, uptight old folks :) - kidding!