Panama Canal on a Carnival Ship?

GlennJr_AK

Has anyone seen a Carnival cruise that makes full transit through the Panama Canal? It would probably be a repositioning cruise since I have not seen any on their site while doing regular searches. The canal is on my to-do list and I would like to do it with Carnival.

Thanks,

Glenn

We did and it was my favorite all time cruise! We flew from California to NY, boarded and the ship took us home. The day we boarded it was snowing....for us SoCaler's a neat experience being on a cruise ship in the snow. 4 days later we were in 104 degree weather with 90% humidity. Talk about having to pack for all weather!

yes, as you stated, repositioning cruises to / from the west coast.

there was a 14 day tampa to los angeles carnival inspiration itinerary, and a 14 day los angeles to tampa carnival paradise itinerary a few years ago... also a 15 night new york to los angeles on itinerary on carnival miracle a few years ago as well.

they're not exactly common. at the current time there aren't plans for repositioning cruises to / from the west coast that have been announced.

Has anyone seen a Carnival cruise that makes full transit through the Panama Canal? It would probably be a repositioning cruise since I have not seen any on their site while doing regular searches. The canal is on my to-do list and I would like to do it with Carnival.

Thanks,

Glenn

It is a great cruise, I have done it twice with Carnival, LA to Miami on the Pride and Miami to LA on the Imagination.

yes, as you stated, repositioning cruises to / from the west coast.

there was a 14 day tampa to los angeles carnival inspiration itinerary, and a 14 day los angeles to tampa carnival paradise itinerary a few years ago... also a 15 night new york to los angeles on itinerary on carnival miracle a few years ago as well.

they're not exactly common. at the current time there aren't plans for repositioning cruises to / from the west coast that have been announced.

and the most recent one was last Summer Tampa to LA 13 day in August.

Carnival has really good pricing for PC journeys too. We paid £1000ish per person but it had been lower.

We were really glad we did it with Carnival but when observing some other lines PC itineraries the ports were slightly more interesting. Carnival did let Panama traders on board so we could buy Panama trinkets.

I would bet there will be some serious switcheroos next year + when Vista homeports (even after what has already been announced) so it may happen then. Not to mention the expansion will be finished quite soon so ALL of Carnival's ships will be able to go through the Canal which makes more cruises through there! :)

I was on the Miracle also when she sailed thru the Canal, awesome cruise, a couple pictures, like N2Mischief said, we left NY with it snowing and it was "HOT" going thru the Canal

pc2013_zps55f36b97.jpg

pc20132_zpsed141f93.jpg

Edited by 1959kar

We did and it was my favorite all time cruise! We flew from California to NY, boarded and the ship took us home. The day we boarded it was snowing....for us SoCaler's a neat experience being on a cruise ship in the snow. 4 days later we were in 104 degree weather with 90% humidity. Talk about having to pack for all weather!

Was on that same cruise - you're right - it was awesome! We flew to New York from Arizona; someone made a snowman on the deck as we left New York City. Wonderful cruise!

We did just a visit to the canal on the Miracle in 2010. Stopped on the Carribbean side and took bus excursion (about 1 1/2 hrs) to Panama City, where we boarded a smaller excursion boat that took us through 3 of the locks. Was an all day excursion. Not the same as the ship going all the way through, but it was still the best excursion we ever did.

Edited by HawkIVette

I was on the Imagination in January 2014 when she was repositioned from Miami to Long Beach. It was a 16-day cruise and it was amazing! My first time through the canal, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. If you see a PC cruise on Carnival come up, book it right away because the few they have are very popular and the prices seem to be best when you book early.