Sail and Snorkling Excursion question

jolyroger

Ok possibly an odd question, We booked a sail and snorkel excursion for our cruise in April, in the past when we've done this I never had a problem snorkeling, last yr in Aruba, the waters were extreamly rough, but I tried snorkeling anyway...Yeah I had a panic attack(not a good feeling while snorkeling). Needless to say I really have no desire to snorkel again , I know the waters may be different just as I've experienced in the past..I just don't want to do the snorkeling part...Is it frowned upon to just soak up the sun and stay on the sail boat? My hubby in his glorious wisdom said "honestly do you think the sail company cares, they got their money ,lol"...

And Yes I know I could just not do the excursion all together, but there is a a big group of family and friends who already booked and I really don't want to be the only dud, lol!

Thank you for any feedback!

The Aruba pirate ship is great. Not only can you snorkel or just relax on board, but they have (had?) a rope swing. Did that a LOT and got some really big swings out of it before letting go and splashing into the water.

This was the Snorkling excursion we did last yr...Lots of fun but the waters were real rough..This yr we're snorkeling in Nassua, which in the past was some of the best we've done and seen...From the calm , crystal clear , blue waters, to seeing Starfish even before we got off the sailboat..

Thanks all who have made me feel a bit better...:)

I fully understand how you feel, well not really but my DH does at least!

Both our DS's love to snorkel, DH can't swim so not so much, and alas I can only handle helping so many people at one time and keeping a watch on them. Our 16 yo not as much anymore, but I still tend to keep a handle on our 13 yo.

Last trip DH just stayed on the boat and didn't get off at all. No one card at all! Just remember the really good thing about it, you get to stay dry but you also get to take pictures of all your family snorkeling!

I fully understand how you feel, well not really but my DH does at least!

Both our DS's love to snorkel, DH can't swim so not so much, and alas I can only handle helping so many people at one time and keeping a watch on them. Our 16 yo not as much anymore, but I still tend to keep a handle on our 13 yo.

Last trip DH just stayed on the boat and didn't get off at all. No one card at all! Just remember the really good thing about it, you get to stay dry but you also get to take pictures of all your family snorkeling!

I didn't even think about the picture taking portion of it!! Thank you!! And I so understand about keeping an eye on everyone.My hubby usually keeps an eye on our 14 yo DD while our 11 yo DD I keep an eye on...Well the 11 yo now wants to stay on the ship with her grandmother and not even do the excusion..She's never been a fan of snorkeling...

Don't feel bad at all. Your hubby is right...they have their money, they don't care if you get off or not.

We have went snorkeling plenty of times and there's always people that stay back on the boat instead of getting in the water. Those that don't snorkel are actually able to stay on the boat and get some great pictures of their loved ones snorkeling in the water. :D

My oldest daughters boyfriend is scared to death of the ocean and "what is in it that's out to get him"...and he's done the dolphin swims, stingray swims and snorkeling tours with us every time and just stayed on the boat.

People don't think twice about it. :)

Yes I do feel better after these kind replies! I think I'll gladly stay on the sailboat and takes some pics and stay dry!!! And maybe get a little start on that Rum punch!! Last time I helped the crew with the drinks, yeah that was a great time...even if I did have a panic attack, lol