Swim-against-the-current lap pools

kelly94942

We have become a very fragile society.

But the lawyers are not so fragile:

Need an Experienced Hot Tub Injury Injury Lawyer?

If you have been injured in an accident, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind. There are over 3 million injuries from transportation accidents each year and about 150,000 construction site accidents reported each year in the United States according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Hot Tub Injury injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims of negligent drivers. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic loss, mental anguish and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.

and

expert.gif

Expert witness and consultant for hot tub & spa litigation

A qualified hot tub & spa expert witness with proven expertise in all areas of litigation relating to, site investigations, documentation/deposition review, and testimony for depositions, mediation, arbitration and trial.

But the lawyers are not so fragile:

Need an Experienced Hot Tub Injury Injury Lawyer?

If you have been injured in an accident, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind. There are over 3 million injuries from transportation accidents each year and about 150,000 construction site accidents reported each year in the United States according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Hot Tub Injury injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims of negligent drivers. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic loss, mental anguish and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.

and

expert.gif

Expert witness and consultant for hot tub & spa litigation

A qualified hot tub & spa expert witness with proven expertise in all areas of litigation relating to, site investigations, documentation/deposition review, and testimony for depositions, mediation, arbitration and trial.

How wrinkled would a lawyer need to be, to be an expert hot tub lawyer?

I hope they are not being removed. I would hate for cruising to become cotton wool type ships because people are too soft and precious to enjoy life. If one thing irritates me it is people spoiling the experience for others and quoting "safety" when in fact it is just mentally unstable people demanding fun and enjoyable things be turned off and removed.

12 years ago I was able to walk on a cruise ship and sit in a hot tub push the buttons and both air bubbles and jets would pump out. These days a human being could pee with more pressure than the pressure emitted form the jets of a hot tub. Its sad and sorry that things have deteriorated to this level because people are too soft to have a bit of fun.

Like everything in life, all it takes is some complaints from a few people to have anything curtailed that most others enjoy without concerns. Look what happened to the late night R rated shows only a few years ago. The last one I attended was so tame that even the TV shows at prime time were more R rated than what they now allow on their ships.

I'm surprised that they serve such hot tea at the IC......after all you could burn yourself if not careful. :rolleyes:

The swim against the current pools are what originally attracted me to Princess. I've used them quite a lot on many ships but lately they are hit or miss for effective operation. I hope they don't remove them fleet wide, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. If that does happen, I guess it'll be time to re-try other cruise lines!

I also love the lap pool and reading this thread I am going to do what I do when I stay in hotels with small pools. I bring a work-out band, tie a loop around the ladder or stair rail and hook my feet into the loop. I swim without moving! It is better than not doing laps at all. I can move off to the side so that others can still use the ladder and it's a great way to work out my upper body and bi-lateral breathing!

I had to call Princess about something else and remembered this hot topic, so I asked about the swim against the current pools. After I had to explain to the rep what a swim against the current pool is, he was able to find out that all of them are shut down because of a health issue, but it's not lifeguards, it has to do with the chlorine levels in the water and how frequently the water is changed. He said the information he has says they're being upgraded and are supposed to be put back in service on the ships that have them (except for Island and Coral, where they're being removed), but he didn't know when that was supposed to be done.

I had to call Princess about something else and remembered this hot topic, so I asked about the swim against the current pools. After I had to explain to the rep what a swim against the current pool is, he was able to find out that all of them are shut down because of a health issue, but it's not lifeguards, it has to do with the chlorine levels in the water and how frequently the water is changed. He said the information he has says they're being upgraded and are supposed to be put back in service on the ships that have them (except for Island and Coral, where they're being removed), but he didn't know when that was supposed to be done.

I would bet if you call back again they will give you another answer. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I loved to use them when they were working. I bet the best answer is that Princess will not replace them because they are so convient to the Sanctuary so those people can use them.

On the Crown this week, the wave machine was there but the door was missing and it had been disconnected.