How to get from Dover to Ashford for Eurostar

We have Saturday tickets for the Eurostar, leaving Ashford for Paris at 1:00pm after we leave our cruise.

What's the best way to get from the pier to Ashford train station?

Hi Jasm,

I too have tickets for the Eurostar after completing my cruise. I have arranged for a transfer from Dover to Ashford through Steve Nibbs at airport transfers located in Dover. The cost is about 20 GBP. If you are interested in contacting him, his e-mail address is: steve@airport-transfers.fsnet.co.uk

When are you cruising? I'm on the May 22nd sailing of the Celebrity Constellation.

Good Luck and have a great cruise! icon_smile.gif

Susie

RCCL Viking Serenade '92 & '94; Celebrity Infinity Alaska 2002; Infinity Hawaii 2003; Mercury Mexico 2003

Next Up: Constellation - Baltic Cruise - May 22,2004

Infinity - SFO/Alaska - May 16, 2005

We also want to go from Dover to the Eurostar, on June 18. We're wondering what to do with all the luggage, because we'll only go to Paris for one night. Did you buy the Eurostar tickets in advance? What tour company did you use?

Thanks,

Brigitte

Hi Brigitte,

I didn't use a tour company, I bought my Eurostar tickets directly over the internet. The link is: http://www.raileurope.com/us/rail/eurostar/

As to the luggage, I'm actually shipping my largest bag home and taking only the smaller one and my carryon to Paris for my four days there. It is very expensive to ship, about $250 for one 70 pound bag, but since I'm traveling solo it was worth it not to have to schlepp all that luggage around with me. An alternative, if you will be coming back to Ashford is to store your luggage there. They do have luggage storage and then you could pick it up on the way back. That wouldn't work for me because I'm flying home from Paris, but it would have been a much cheaper alternative.

Hope this helps and have a fabulous cruise.

Susie

RCCL Viking Serenade '92 & '94; Celebrity Infinity Alaska 2002; Infinity Hawaii 2003; Mercury Mexico 2003

Next Up: Constellation - Baltic Cruise - May 22,2004

Infinity - SFO/Alaska - May 16, 2005

The only other sensible alternative would be to take the train from Dover Priory station (the main railway station in Dover) to Ashford International, and change to the Eurostar there. It takes about half an hour, and costs £6.60 for a standard class one way ticket, £9.50 for a first class ticket.

If a car transfer only costs £20, by the time you've messed about with getting from the ship to the station at Dover there's probably little in it on the money side or the time side.

Archived