Some Carnival Spirit questions ...

I've gleaned a lot of info from this site and feel well prepared for our first-ever cruise, but just have a few random questions!

What is the internet like on the Spirit, is it worth buying some minutes? I need to book parent/teacher interviews online which doesn't open until after sailing with interviews being the day after I get back. I'd also like to check email/FB/Instagram occasionally!

Where on the ship is the best free coffee? Is it the filtered coffee that sits in a jug on a warmer, or is it a machine where you press "flat white" or "hot chocolate" like they have at IKEA? Is coffee available 24/7, and are there snacks like fruit/biscuits available 24/7 or should we grab some at breakfast to put in our cabin?

Do you take your passports onshore with you, or leave them in your safe on the ship?

Have you ever seen anyone left behind after organizing their own excursions?

Does anyone know what hours Jimmy's C side BBQ is open, and will it be open on embarkation day?

For any smokers, what cigarettes are available to buy on the ship - Peter Jackson?

With the 24/7 ice cream, is there also frozen yoghurt?

One of our party of four is Vegan, I know they will accommodate, but will the food be good & will she have some choices?

In Noumea we'd really like to grab some excellent baguettes, cheese and French pastries and sit somewhere awesome picnic-style - any recommendations?

Ok I think that's it, many thanks if you can answer any of the above!!

I can answer 3 of your Qs. The coffee machines on the Spirit are the best we've found on any ship, and a better cup than what you can buy onboard. There are two machines outside (one on each side) before entering the buffet and then there are two near the stairs inside. There are some woeful coffee machines as well so look for the good ones (pictured). We didn't take our passports onshore - just our D'Licences and Seapass. Maybe just take a photocopy of your passport? The Spirit docks at a shipping terminal and you'll have a free shuttle downtown. Where they drop you there is a park opposite (see pic) and at the far end there is a patisserie - we had a lovely picnic in the park after our morning tour.

640761724_CarnivalSpiritcoffeemachine.jpg.ef928a57d23e74dccaf250e304070805.jpg

Noumea.jpg.8c71fea02fcec14c19b41fa888b00051.jpg

Only buffet will be open on embarking, Jimmys BBQ is open for lunch on sea days. As far as I know there is only soft serve ice cream available 24 hours. Sorry can't help with the cigarette question or vegan question. Enjoy your cruise.

I've gleaned a lot of info from this site and feel well prepared for our first-ever cruise, but just have a few random questions!

What is the internet like on the Spirit, is it worth buying some minutes? I need to book parent/teacher interviews online which doesn't open until after sailing with interviews being the day after I get back. I'd also like to check email/FB/Instagram occasionally! The internet is expensive, but I always buy it to maintain contact with home and the (grown up ) kids.

Where on the ship is the best free coffee? Is it the filtered coffee that sits in a jug on a warmer, or is it a machine where you press "flat white" or "hot chocolate" like they have at IKEA? Is coffee available 24/7, and are there snacks like fruit/biscuits available 24/7 or should we grab some at breakfast to put in our cabin? I'm not really sure, it is a machine in the buffet area. I have only bought coffee on the Spirit as I'm not a fan of filtered coffee. It is available 24/7 in the buffet area and there is always snacks of some sort available ALL the time, but grab some fruit and biscuits at lunch (buffet area)and take back to the room if you like.

Do you take your passports onshore with you, or leave them in your safe on the ship? Yes. We take out passports ashore for ID purposes.

Have you ever seen anyone left behind after organizing their own excursions? It has happened. Just be as sure as you can be that the person you have booked with is reliable. Check trip advisor etc. I have taken private tours without any issue.

Does anyone know what hours Jimmy's C side BBQ is open, and will it be open on embarkation day?It is open for lunch only (not on embarkation day) subject to fair weather. It is VERY yummy....

For any smokers, what cigarettes are available to buy on the ship - Peter Jackson? Sorry, not a smoker, but there are plenty to choose from and from recollection - all of the popular type brands.

With the 24/7 ice cream, is there also frozen yoghurt?Yes, free frozen yoghurt is available too.

One of our party of four is Vegan, I know they will accommodate, but will the food be good & will she have some choices? There are vegan choices in the buffet area and always something on the menu on the dining room; however, the dining room options are a bit limited and I seem to recall quite a bit of curry type vegan dishes, but the ones I tried were quite nice and tasty.

In Noumea we'd really like to grab some excellent baguettes, cheese and French pastries and sit somewhere awesome picnic-style - any recommendations? Once you have taken the shuttle to the terminus, there is a supermarket across the road. Walk to rear of the supermarket and you be overwhelmed with the gorgeous breads and French cheeses. Truly amazing. The crew love it. They are always there picking up supplies..

Ok I think that's it, many thanks if you can answer any of the above!!

Hope that helps, I have been on the Spirit twice to the pacific.

Cheers

Angela

IF your vegan friend can't find anything to their taste ask my darling has never been told no, usually they will either make some suggestions or ask what she'd like, it's not always possible to get her first request [one day she asked for something she'd had a few days earlier but they were out of some ingredient] but they always find something