Could HAL's online booking page be any less user-friendly?

elycelynne

You can see that. If you select "let us pick your cabin" it will show you the price of all guarantee levels.

i do not believe that "Let us Pick" is the same as guarantee. It means that in the course of your online booking process HAL will assign what they consider to be the best cabin in your selected category. On the other hand, you could name a specific cabin number of your choice rather than relying on HAL's choice for you.

Edited by pms4104

OK... so let me take a try for Princess cruise... just to see what I can find.

STEP 1.

http://www.princess.com

STEP 2.

Clicked on 'cruises'

First thing pops on.....

We apologize for the inconvenience.

It appears that something has gone wrong and we were not able to continue to the next step.

•Online Cruise or Cruisetour search is not available for your country. Please contact your travel agent for details. To search for a travel agent by country click here.

OK... is that 'friendly'? :rolleyes:

Gee...and her I was thinking I must be doing something wrong!

Not being able to see the cost of the different cabin categories is really a negative for me. Cost is a huge factor in deciding on a vacation. I also want to see the cost for 3rd and 4th in the same cabin like we used to be able to do. This can vary by quite a bit in just a week.

Yes, it could be worse. Try Royal Caribbean's site. It is the worst site I have ever been on and trying to do on line check in and reservations for excursions, dining and other entertainment is a nightmare.

Oh no - did they "upgrade" theirs as well? I found it very easy when I was using it.:(

Also if you want to check HAL's air prices and book (sometimes a better option on certain cruises such as a one way ticket for a transatlantic), you have to call someone.

I was told the only way you can book yourself is if you booked online and add air, but than I am guessing it is standard mystery cruise air. If booked through an outside agent you need to go through that agent for air. On Celebrity you can book through an outside agent and still call their cruise air department and discuss air as well as book the airline you want on their online "Choice Air" site. HAL is just so far behind in their technology.

Some of their promotions are confusing too. Look at the current OV for the price of an inside. On other cruise lines if they have this type of upgrade promotion online the least expensive OV will show the same price as the lowest inside.

However, with HAL there still may be insides cheaper than an OV. They are just saying there might be an OV category cheaper than an inside, etc.

Like others, I detest the new way of booking on the HAL site. I want to see the prices for all the various cabins within a category. If I can get e.g. an FF gty for $50 more per person than an H gty, I want to know. The only way I've found to get that info is to use an online TA's site.

Click "Let us pick for you". They have different category GTY's.

Edited by Jade13