Castaway's?

c-leg5

Wondered if anyone had visited this bar?

I have written a couple of times to the email on their site with no replies and wondered if they don't want to encourage cruise ship visitors? Anyone have any alternative contact info?

I was keen to visit on my next trip to Roatan but the lack of response to my questions leaves me uneasy.

Do you mean the one at the Blue Lagoon up near Mahogany Bay? I thought they took staying guests. But I think the bar is open to whoever stops by. Not sure about facilities if you decide to hang out or prices for rentals.

Yes that is the one. It was recommended a while back. As you say it has accommodation so I don't understand why the owners don't answer emails.i have passed by a few times and it seemed like a convenient place to stop off close to the two ports.

Well, I did some searching on TA and looks like people just show up.

So maybe you can "pioneer" this place for the rest of us. I'd be curious. DW has her VB tour for her spring cruise lined up but I'm digging around for something for our cruise next year. Roatan is kinda getting to be one of those "been there gave a box of tees to Goodwill" ports for us. Beaches and snorkeling at every stop gets a bit old. DW doesn't want to head back up to the mangroves again either. We did that back with Hole in the Wall was still around. I'm leaning toward Temporary Cal's for lunch and heading back to the ship. So Castways might be a good close by alternative to the MBCC stuff.